Specialized Sequoia Pro Road Bike

Specialized Sequoia Pro Road Bike

Frame Material: aluminum/carbon fiber
Frame Angles: 72.0 head, 74.0 seat
Sizes: xsmall, small, medium, large, xlarge
Colors: Brushed
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 26c Specialized All Conditions Spo

[Apr 11, 2008]
David Machen

I have a Pro. Excellent bike. I have ridden the bike for more than eight hours on mountainous terrain and not felt overly beat up. I can trust the bike on fast turning descents.

OVERALL
[Jan 11, 2005]
Jeff Fullerton

Strength:

stable handling, comfortable position, smooth ride, not a racing bike

not a racing bike

I love this bike. It's very smooth, and I can ride fast all day and not feel beat up. I do group rides of 70-100 miles at a pretty good pace (~30 km/hr), and while most members of the group ride high-end racing/tri bikes I don't feel at a disadvantage in terms of performance. I appreciate the ability to mount fenders, and the longer chain stays and long-reach brakes allow this. Handling is very stable. I can confidently ride without hands, and feel secure on fast descents. The only thing I'm thinking of changing is the adjustable handelbar stem - I did make several adjustments as I became more comfortable on the bike, but I think a fixed stem would be a bit stiffer. I like the All Conditions Pro 25C tires, and suspect that they're partly responsible for the ride quality. When I was ordering the bike I opted for the Comp over the Elite, mostly because I wanted the Shimano wheels and the carbon seat post, and because the dealer offered a good deal on the Comp. After a foul up with the distributer I was offered the Pro at a small premium, and so got a great deal on a bike that was higher spec'd than I had originally wanted. The D-A components work perfectly, but are probably overkill on this type of bike. The wheels are now a bit out of true after about 1,000 miles, but I haven't babied them, and I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 230 lbs. I was skeptical about the extra brake levers, but I find that they're nice when riding in the city or when riding slowly in a group. I think I'd miss them now. This bike came with a Telluride seat which I've been happy with. I think for riders who want stability and comfort and the ability to mount fenders and racks while still getting great performance the Sequoia is a fine choice.