Trek Equinox 11 Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Ultegra SS
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Bontrager Race X-Lite

Mike   Triathlete [Jan 25, 2011]
Strength:

Speed, design, weight

Greatest Bike ever, super fast, and light

Similar Products Used: specialized transition
Enrique   Triathlete [Jun 26, 2006]
Strength:

Looks, components, great weight:aerodynamics ratio. Stiff, but comfy.

None yet, expect that my LBS built the bike with the aerobars backwards... The mechanic was definately NOT a triathlete.

Les than 150 miles on the bike. I am used to the Trek OCLV frames, but this aero frame rocks! I will post an update once I get a few thou in miles, but so far so good. Great value for your money. Its expensive, so I'm giving it a 4 value rating, but overall a 5 because when you ride it, you completely forget what you paid for it (or don't care).

Similar Products Used: Trek 5200, Hilos, etc..
timetrialtim   Triathlete [May 05, 2006]
Strength:

Beautiful design, very aero. Fit me extremely well. It was pure joy just looking at it.

Paint quality, in particular the cracks on the downtube where the interior lugs are located. Trek paints the bike black to hide the cracks and will repaint the bike once at a cost. Main weakness was frame failed after I came off the bike at a relatively slow speed. I hit nothing, just braked hard to avoid another cyclist who fell. The top tube failed at a point several inches from the headset. Trek offered new frame at $2600 Canadian (includes taxes). Wouldn't explain how price was determined. Wouldn't negotiate at all on the price.

Superb looking bike, which is one of the key reasons I was attracted to it. I also believed Trek would provide better than average customer service. I'm no longer riding this bike and won't buy Trek again.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo One - three seasons, while paint quality was poor, performance was good.
Cerevelo P2K - still wet behind the ears.
scooter0007   Triathlete [Jun 23, 2005]
Strength:

A real looker, very slick against a head wind, desends like an anvil.

Decal / clear coat at one of the joints split. Trek Rep said there is no safety issue with the frame but they are replacing it because of cosmetic reasons. I wish the seat post was not so tall. With my 33" inseam, I have to have the seat all the way down which does not allow me to put on my water bottle cage or seat pack on the bike.

After hours of researching and soul searching, I had my LBS pull the trigger and order this for me. 10 Speed Ultegra was back ordered so it took about 4 months to get this bike but it was worth the wait! Drop dead good looks, great spec'd componants and the med. was a perfect fit for my 5'11" - 170 lb frame. Being my first OCLV bike, I love the ride and found this frame to be super stiff in sprints and climbs but soaks up the road buzz. Took me several hundred miles to get really comfortable (much different geometry than my Lemond BE / never used bar end shifter before) but now it is my favorite ride.

Similar Products Used: Have never ridden anything like this in my life!