Trek Pilot 1.2 WSD Road Bike

Crank: Bontrager Select 52/42/30
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
Sizes: 43, 47, 50, 54, 57cm

rp   Recreational Rider [Aug 06, 2009]
Strength:

Decent price
Handles well
Super light
Very fast
gear shifting is smooth and easy

seat is uncomfortable
quite a bit of vibration - get gloves

Just purchased my first road bike to keep up training after double stress fractures in both feet from marathon training. Until now, have never had a road bike and this bike is fast. I can easily keep up with my roommate who is an avid biker and on the trails am easily able to keep up with other road bikes.

OVERALL
minime   Recreational Rider [Nov 17, 2007]
Strength:

Solid handling charaterstics for the price. 170mm crank arms, because not all short women want 165!
Same light weight carbon seatpost and Bontrager Fit handlebar with short drop & reach that came on my 2007 Lemond BAires.

Poor brake bridge position, only one set of water bottle bosses, bottom bracket shell's internal diameter too small for just any replacement BB.

2008 Trek 1.2 WSD is a nice second bike to take me through winter. Fender eyelets and just enough clearance for 700 x 25 tires. Handling for the 47cm, is just as I remember from my first Trek. I bought a complete 2008 1.2WSD, The frame is roughly 3.2 lbs, fork about a pound. Paint is acceptable for a China build model. Disappoints include only one set water bottle mounts. Truvativ gigapipe bottom bracket won't fit inside the small BB shell on the frame. The rear brake bridge is not positioned accurately enough to use an Ultegra caliper, the pads just won't reach, while the front caliper reach is fine. I know you get what you pay for, so I'm happy to say If Trek could fix these minor items, they'd have a perfect bike, a frame you keep for life.