Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD Road Bike

• Bontrager Race 52/42/30 Crankset
  • Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur

[Dec 20, 2008]
YakkerGirl

Strength:

Lightweight, easy shifting (compared to my downtube shifting Bianchi), great breaks, perfect ergonomics for me, great colors, awesome components, pedals for clipless or otherwise.

Expensive

This is the sweetest ride I have ever had. The Trek 2.1 had a bike with suspension, but the reach was too far for me. This is the only bike (I'd been looking/testing for 3 years) that worked with my body shape. This is an amazing bike!!!

I tested many WSDs, including bikes other than Trek. I have an older Bianchi (1982) and a Giant Farrago just for funnin'

[Apr 21, 2007]
Lisa4Peace

Strength:

Comfortable ride, Price didn't breat the bank, Great Specs.

If I have to find something -- brakes.

I just love my Pilot 2.1 WSD. It is the perfect fit for me, has great components for the price, the color is good, and the seat comfy. I am a bit disappointed in the brakes though I suppose when they wear in I'll have a better experience.

Giant OCR and Giant Halfway

[Apr 05, 2007]
airforcegurl

Strength:

inexpensive, light, ultegra components, bontrager makes pink bar tape to match!!!

heavy wheels, stem too short, stock saddle is made for somebody with a really wide rear end.

I bought this bike last year not knowing whether or not I'd like road cycling. I'm currently in the process of upgrading a few things to make it a little more raceable which includes a longer stem, lighter wheels, and getting rid of teh god awful grandma saddle.

[Feb 06, 2007]
EDIVVA

My first road bike. Its rides very fast, and smooth and climbs like a goat. The drops are very comfortable,

n/a
other bike- Giant hybrid w/Shimano Deore

[Dec 08, 2006]
Debby Crooks

Strength:

Very light weight. Ultegra componets. Black color that looks good all the time! Great price for as much carbon.

Not enough room on frame to put a second water bottle cage (47 cm). Poor pedals. I put Look Keos on.

Having up-graded from a trek 1000, this bike is like going from a Geo Metro to a Lexus! I'm very new to cycling but this bike has made me feel very confident and I can't wait to get out there and ride further each day. The shifting was so different and has taken awhile to learn.

trek 1000

[Oct 30, 2005]
floridabikegal

Strength:

Carbon seat stays and fork. Women's specific and relaxed "comfort" geometry (a must for long rides). Pretty good mid-range specs (Shimano 105).

Lousy no=name brakes, platform pedals with clips.

I wanted a good all-round road bike and decided on the Trek Pilot 2.1 (the only Pilot I could afford). It came in women's specific design, had the "comfort" geometry and had carbon seat stays -- all things I wanted/needed, and pretty good specs. I had to wait almost six months for delivery, but the guys at the bike store were very helpful. In the meantime, I researched and tried other bikes, but none of them had everything I wanted. When the bike finally arrived it was perfect (at least in terms of fit). I'm glad I waited. The bike performs well and is very comfortable on long rides.

Giant OCR 3