VeloVie Vitesse 300 Road Bike

Vitesse 300

The most state of the art, fast, well designed bike you will find out there has arrived. The Vitesse 300 is here. At just over 2 pounds, this innovative bicycle combines the numerous top of line technologies to make your travels the paramount of all journeys. The 300 contains high modulus fiber with 12K design making it both extremely light and stiff. The traditional frame geometry of the 300 uses the lightest bicycle building process known to even the most expert of riders. Tube to Tube Technology featuring the high quality manufacturing process of Carbon Fusion. This technology also employs the inspired Carbon Axis Formula to put the ideal finishing touches on the most incredible ride you can find.

Jeremy   Road Racer [May 18, 2013]
Strength:

Lightweight. Great looking. Good geometry. Well made. Good customer service.

Black frame is a little hard to keep clean. But that's being picky. If looks gorgeous.

I've been riding my vitesse 300 for about a month now. I bought only the frame and built up the rest of the bike at my Lbs using SRAM Force. I wish I had just gotten velovie to build it out for me since it would have saved me a few hundred bucks. The bike is under 16lbs with carbon bars, seat post, and stem.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I have had very positive experiences with their customer service. Also, the frame geometry is great for me. I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam and 158 lbs. I chose the 53cm frame and is a great fit.

The bike shipped quickly and was packaged well. I got it only 3 days after I ordered it.

Since getting it, I've received numerous compliments on its looks.

I've put a about 400 miles on it so far and have been grinning ear to ear the whole time. It's super fast, gets up to speed quickly, and shows no sign of flex even when pushing hard up hills. Going down steep hills around 40 mph, I've had no issues changing lines quickly to avoid taking out pedestrians. The ride is also super smooth but still responsive. For some reason on my old trek aluminum bike, I had a hard time riding up long hills out of the saddle. With the new machine, I can kill entire hills out of the saddle with energy to spare.

Configure this baby with some rol race SL wheels, SRAM Force double crank, FSA carbon cockpit, and you'll have a killer machine under 16lbs and around $3k. It cannot be beat.

Ron   Road Racer [Jan 15, 2013]
Strength:

Super stiff, super comfortable, a GREAT mix of parts, huge value for the price. Really tracks well, like it's on rails...I've been riding for 3 months and am very happy with the bike on every level.

I was a bit reluctant at buying an "internet only" bike. But, I'm a pretty customer focussed salesperson myself, so whatever issues ther may have been with contact I was patient and got the results I wanted...always.

Overall, I'm SUPER happy with the purchase, I got the 300 with 2012 Red and the Reynolds Strikes; which is the top of the line. I did get my frame painted (aftermarket) and am even happier than when I unpacked it. I CAN'T IMAGINE being any happier with a new bike, even if I would've spent more than twice the price. It was a 50th Birthday gift to myself and I'm really looking at "turning back the clock" this season. It's super responsive to any input, whether climbing, sprinting or accelerating. It goes 0-30 mph in no time at all.

d j b   [Nov 26, 2012]
Strength:

horrible cs, long wait time, no one picks up the phone!!

buy from some where else! the problems out weight the low price.

michbex   [Sep 28, 2012]
Strength:

I actually liked the bike initially as it looks nice and is pretty stiff. However, the issues I ran into (see -> Weaknesses) outweigh the sum of all strength

Cheap part, bad customer service.
After around 300 miles / 6 month, on a flat the rear derailleur hanger broke all of a sudden and ended up in my rear wheel. The result was a ruined wheel, a broken derailleur hanger and on top of this, a piece of the frame actually split of. After over 2 weeks after contacting Velovie customer service, the response was short:

'After reviewing this issue and talking with the factory we find that this is not a warranty issue, as this was not caused by a defect in materials but rather a maintenance issue.'

How can this be a maintenance issue??? Anyway, I leave it up to the reader to interpret this...

All in all a nice looking bike, but with horrible customer service.

I will not buy from a small bike company that imports from Asia anymore. I highly recommend to stick with the larger name brands, They are larger for a reason.

Charles Toland   [Aug 28, 2012]
Strength:

Great bike, very stiff and handles well.

Customer Service, phone calls go to answering machine and they dont return.

Will not buy again due to pooor Customer No Service. Tried sells and customer no service no reponse.

micah   Road Racer [Mar 11, 2011]
Strength:

Light , Stiff , good looking.Born to hammer.

If you love riding long distance , look at the Velo Vie 100

2011 300R sram red W/reynolds assualt carbon wheels .A very light ,stiff bike.The craftmanship is excellent.And the ride is what is to be expected from a full race bike,stiff ,twichy and fast. Customer service is good.

Similar Products Used: Trek madone
Phillip   Road Racer [Mar 03, 2010]

Poor company communication. Not trustworthy. Bike has unusual geometry and is hard to fit.

This company is a bear to deal with. Communications are poor and they sent me the wrong stuff. Wish I could return my bike and stick with a proven manufacturer.

Similar Products Used: My old Giant was much better.
krayscott75@yahoo.com   Recreational Rider [Feb 06, 2010]
Strength:

The Vitesse 300 is extremely lightweight, yet rigid enough to handle a rough riding surface without transmitting that roughness through the frame to me. I find it very responsive and tracks well through the corners. I haven't been on any climbs with it as of yet, but it is a pleasure on the flats. The frame is itself flawless and the color scheme is eye catching.

I haven't found any yet. A great buy and so far I am extremely satisfied and would recommend the bike and company to anybody looking to purchase a new ride.

I had been riding an all aluminum frame bicycle for about 18 months when I had finally decided on investing in a carbon frame bike. I found the choices and options daunting until I found Velo Vie. They made the process simple and easy to understand. They were extremely helpful and asked all the right questions in order to make my build the perfect build for me and my abilities.

billygee   Road Racer [Jan 20, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, light, great looking (eye turning brand and great colours/finish/paint work), brand uniqueness and growing street cred due to sponsorship of a European and several local teams.

Not having a local supplier in Australia as all purchases are via Internet (not really a weakness as I've had no problems with the bike since purchase)and positioning of cable holders at top end of down tube - this has resulted in a rubbing off of paint (by the cables as the front end is turned to steer) on each side of the head tube

Stiff, light, great looking (even after 3 years)and very unique due to shape and boutique brand. As I weigh 120 kg the frame needed to be strong and so far it has been above expectation. Bought it under a "leap of faith" approach after first stumbling across the brand on EBAY and corresponding with one of the founders of the company, Homayoon Farsi. Homay was great in helping me select the right fame and frame size - quite rare for an internet based retailer. He sent me a lot of information and photos that were not on the web. His guidance was spot on!

Similar Products Used: None - this was my first all cabon bike frame/fork.
Frankinnj   Recreational Rider [Mar 06, 2009]
Strength:

Firm Ride, Color, Handles well.
Price!!

Not a weakness, but the one of the limit screws on the front derailur wasn't set. no big deal.

The bike looks sharp, weighs 16.5 lbs. Has a firm ride to it. climbs well, handles well.
I had good experience with the company purchasing the bike. Customer service was great. A shout out to Zach Winkler who handled my purchase and talked me through on the phone the set up of the bike for about 2 hours. I would recomend this bike and company to anyone.