Tommaso Augusta Track Bike

Augusta

• Tommaso Custom Butted and Tapered Chromoly Steel Track Frame.
  • REAR FLIP/FLOP HUB comes with BOTH fixed cog side and a single speed freewheel
  • Frame and fork are drilled to accept front and rear road brakes.

• User Reviews (7)

bobbyjimmy420   Recreational Rider [Mar 16, 2010]
    Strength:

color combo
    price(but I guess not if the frame is bent and out of allignment)

rscycle
    randall scott
    rscycle customer service
    tommaso agusta quality control
    nick in customer service
    rscycle.com

My tommaso agusta Ninja track bicycle is a 2010

the frame came bent and they basically told me to keep it or return it and Im expecting too much from a bike at this price.

the bike on the non-drive side:
    - seat stay is 1/4" higher than the other
    - chain stay near the drop has a slight bend, I guess to compensate for the difference in height
    - the drop is angled dowward in order to make a connection, a connection that was not completely welded

I am the same guy with the defective whelset who said just buy the frame and now i say just buy a bikesdirect budget fixed ride instead, ie. kilo tt, the hour, clockwork...etc

when I called to tell them (rscycle) about the frame they told me that im expecting too much from a bike at this price point - I said that there is no way I expected a show bike to be shiped to my door I just expected a bike without defects so I could just ride.

Similar Products Used: langster
    kilo tt
    pista
    bobbyjimmy   Recreational Rider [Mar 05, 2010]
    Strength:

- frame
    - color package (blacked out)
    - customer service at rscycle (got a defective wheelset so theyre sending out a new set)

-saddle
    -stem
    -cranks
    -wheelset (i think they should go with
    -tires
    -seat post

hmmm - My bike is actually the 2010 tommaso Agusta Ninja (all black) - ok here we go: a quick summary of this bike would be to just buy the frame. The parts on here all seem to be the stepchild of what their supposed to be. After putting the bike together and riding around the hood, it feels like I paid too much for this bike. The Tommaso saddle sucks though. The o9 came with a san marco power ponza saddle(something I wouldnt have to change right away). The frame felt good enough. the drops are a joke, c'mon T.R. , you put your name on this?? sorry Im getting away from the summary - I should have listened to everyone and their moms when they told me to get a kilo tt for a starter fixed gear!!! but I wanted an all black ride. I know that the good folks at Randal Scott could have put together a better bike for the money. I put in the same catagory as the kilo tt from bikesdirect which it worth every 300 of the dollars you pay and its shipped for free. JUST GET THE FRAME - THE BIKE LOOKS BETTER THEN IT RIDES

Similar Products Used: langster
    bowery
    kilo tt
    bianchi pista
    Dan McCracken   Commuter [Dec 05, 2009]
    Strength:

geometry, wheelset, color, great value for the price

handlebar set is too wide, a little heavy

Fast as hell. True track geometry, can't wait for it to be warm so i can tear up the roads on it.

Similar Products Used: old schwinn continental fixie
    art   Commuter [Nov 16, 2009]
    Strength:

amazing geomerty. super tight. i have yet to find a bike that handles as well as this one.

crap pedals and handlebars, very heavy

great entry level single speed if your looking for a clean stealthy look. not too many others on the streets. too bad the steel is just straight gauge crap. its heavier than my touring bike but has far less components!

Similar Products Used: quite a bit of everything. ive got lots of bike amigos so I get to try all their rides.
    BJ   Commuter [Jun 04, 2009]
    Strength:

wheelset and frame

crank, pedals, handlebars,

Bottom line- if your going to buy this bike, just get the frame... The crank is junk, the seat is terrible, the handlebars are terrible and the pedals are an absolute joke.

Similar Products Used: bianchi pista
    coelacanth   Commuter [Feb 03, 2009]

The Augusta is a decent frame but I have replaced nearly everything on it. The headset grinded some...switched to king. The pedals are cheap and crack in the cold...switched to MKS. The bike is set up with a 3/32 chain...switched to my old wheels and chain ring (1/8). The theads on the headset were stripped after 2 months...switched to another one I had sitting around.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!
    I was riding it last week and the left crank came off the BB while I was on the street(!). I did some research and it seems many people have had problems with the truvativ touro cranks and its corresponding "power spline". Be aware of this and don't get killed! I am now looking to replace the cranks and BB.

I still like the bike though...decent street geometry.

RideForFun   Recreational Rider [Jan 27, 2008]
    Strength:

- cheap
    - comes in all black including the components
    - components are a little better than you might expect for the price
    - more aggressive than a conversion bike
    - quiet

- the seat is not great for longer rides
    - the logos are painted on so you do not have the option of going with a blank frame
    - the stock drop bars are ugly, they are comfortable though
    - the stock pedals are strange
    - stock gearing is up around 78 inches which is too much for most people/conditions
    - the riser head set seems to tall

My bike is actually an 08 model year but they haven't added 08 as an option yet.

This bike is really nice for an entry level fixed gear. The geometry is similar to the pista. It is like a track bike in the sense that it has a short top tube, semi aggressive angles, and a high bottom bracket but I wouldn't consider it a true track bike. Its more like an aggressive street bike. Its responsive and fun to ride.

Similar Products Used: I have ridden a couple conversion bikes and I prefer the augusta. I have ridden a pista and there was no noticeable difference other than a lower headset, resin pedals and more comfortable seat.