Trek T 1 Track Bike

• Fork: Bontrager, carbon
  • Wheels: Bontrager Select Track
  • Crank: Bontrager Race Track 49T

eric   Road Racer [Sep 29, 2008]
Strength:

frame stiffness for price!!

Cranks-bars

It's a 08 by the way, the frame is pretty stiff but the cranks are the weak part, im 6' and 200lbs and was a good sprinter in my younger years.but now i work my upper body as opposed to just my legs, thats why the x-tra weight.
Love the bike so far but need to change the cranks and stem/bars as im pretty strong, the frame is light and responsive and worth the fsa cranks im putting on.
Great for getting back into cycling again!!

mark trousdale   Road Racer [Sep 15, 2007]
Strength:

The frame is a nice enough frame to upgrade. i had no complaints with the frame. it accelerates well. holds it's line. everything it was asked to.

The components. All bontrager road parts misplaced on a bike that is suppose to be a track racer. biggest complaint is the bolt pattern on the crankset. it made it almost impossible to find replacement chainrings in the standard track width.

i raced a full season on this bike. it and i did well enough to make it from cat 5 to cat 3 by the end of the season. had i had a "better" bike would i be a 2? no. this is a great bike for the newbie. for the 3s next season i will be getting a new bike however.

Similar Products Used: KHS, Miyata, Cannondale.
Dutch   Recreational Rider [Nov 26, 2006]
Strength:

Lite and stiff with a killer paint job.

Had to replace the original handlebars b/c they were too narrow but otherwise nothing yet.

Sharp-looking bike, I like the metal flakes when they shine in the sun. The ZR 9000 Al frame is lite and stiff. Very responsive and surprisingly comfortable on the road. Original handlebars were really narrow-40's I think. 165 crank arms that I understand are normal for track bikes. Most of the components are Trek select or race--low end, but hey, it's a track bike. I ride a 62 cm madone on the road but this 60 cm T1 frame seems to fit me really well.

MTU   Recreational Rider [Jun 27, 2006]
Strength:

American made frame (if you care), affordable, comfortable, responsive/quick. comes with Flipflop hub and cogs - velodrome on sunday, roads on monday.

Red is the only color avail (but it's cool with a little metal flake in it)I know, not truly a problem.

Great bike, very light and stiff. Jumps on the sprints. I'm new to road bikes; I mainly Mt. Bike, but wanted to try something different. FlipFlop hub comes in handy. I mainly run it as a fixie though with one brake. The bike has a nice feel to it. Quick without being sketchy. I'm surprised how comfortable the ride is, and this is comparing it to my full suspension rig on the road. So far, I'm quite happy, but this is coming from a road newbie so take it with that in mind.
Calvin at The Peddler in El Sobrante, CA was very helpful with this purchase. Very friendly, and will let you test ride his T1 if interested. I was interested in the Cannondale Capo, but after taking a test ride, I figured the T1 was enough for me.