Aegis Zaero Triathlon Bike

Zaero

Biomechanically designed, the AEGIS ZAERO gives the triathlete that elusive edge needed on the run. The ZAERO balances the rider better over the frame thus creating a greater hip angle to maximize the use of all muscle groups. The AEGIS ZAERO rider is more relaxed and has increased oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange while riding resulting in less fatigue (better efficiency) and more gas left in the tank for the run. The ZAERO allows you to climb hills while in the aero position on the rolling courses and is stable on the flats and descents.

Greg   Triathlete [Jul 27, 2011]
Strength:

Puts the rider in good position.
Has good aerodynamics
Dampens road vibrations well

Poor frame quality
Aegis went out of business.

Bike was awesome when I first got it. I was able to find a good position which allowed for comfort and power. 1 year after the purchase, I cracked the bottom bracket on a typical ride, and I had not been involved in any crashes. By that time, Aegis had gone out of business. I now have a $3500 wall ornament. I've made several attempts at contacting Pete at Aegis to try to receive a replacement frame or make some other arrangement, and I've received no reply. Obviously, I won't race with a bike whose manufacturer isn't in business, so I got a Specialized Transition to replace the Aegis. I'm very pleased with it's performance.

OVERALL