Cervelo P2 SL Triathlon Bike

• Full TrueAero design
  • Smartwall 2 tubing

[May 18, 2013]
PinarelloGraalTT

Strength:

Amazing Price: 999$ Pinarello Graal TT Frameset at http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Pinarello-Graal-TT-Frameset/819025_251216596.html

[Jun 06, 2012]
Cruisin

Strength:

Hauls ass
easy to ride

Like most road bikes it a little unstable on wet surfaces and rocky turns at intersections.

I bought my 2010 P2SL single speed conversion for a very reasonable price. It was my first road bike purchase and I couldnt be happier, it was easy to learn how to ride and very forgiving during my rookie days. This bike flies! I'm currently ripping 15km in about 35 mins on rough country back roads. Great bike for beginners and veterans!

[Nov 26, 2011]
Jason Morgan

Strength:

Responsive, light, fast

Can't stay off the bike; want to ride it all the time.

Purchased this bike to replace my Trek 2200 road bike that I had set up as a tri bike with the Profile Design seat post and aero bars to have the aero triathlon bike since I mostly ride for triathlons. This bike is an awesome ride. The ride is stiff, responsive, and fast. It doesn't flex like my Trek or other carbon frame tri bikes I tried. I have only put 60 miles in 2 rides in the few weeks I have had the bike and I love this bike. I live in North Florida so I don't have any big hills to climb, but the bike is light and I think it would climb great. In both of the rides, I was able to maintain about 2 mph's (18 to 20) faster than my previous fastest training ride and my legs felt great getting off the bike. I'm not sure if it was the "new bike" excitement or the bike is just that much better.

If you are a beginning triathlete or want to upgrade to a great tri bike, I would recommend this bike.

Trek 2200 road bike. Test rode numerous other tri bikes (Cannondale, Trek, Felt, QR, Cervelo, Fuji, Specialized)

[Feb 25, 2011]
tom-rudey

Strength:

aerodynaqmics, handling, base component kit for the price, black anodized paint job

wheelset but it is serviceable until you can afford something more expensive

I bought this bike 2 years ago and have slowly but surly upgraded some of the components although the base bike kit is just fine. The aerodynamics are still second to none and I run with the expensive dogs which un-nerves them to no end. When I found out that the frame of the p2 sl is only 60grams heavier than the more expensive carbon p2c version and about 1/2 the price, I jumped at this one.

Cervelo S1, pecialized Allez, Specialized Sequoia, Cervelo Dual

[Aug 05, 2009]
Nicholas Ian Tyson

Strength:

I have passed some pretty high end bikes on my low end Cervelo P2-SL. This machine should have been much, much more!

And all I did was upgrade some parts here & there.

upgrade tips
Vuelta Pro Super Light wheelset, Neo Pro crankset, Velo TT saddle, Profile aero bottle, Michelin Ironman tires,& Keo carbon pedals.

Does this box Question even need to be here?
Really!

I am 5'11 & 153lbs.
My Cervelo P2-SL is 19lbs. & 4oz. naked
I got a really hot bike, nicknamed "Black Betty" after the song by "Spider Bite" from my girl & her friends, because it's insane what this Machine lets you do.

I got a cervelo skin suit & the bell helmet too.
And, I custom design/made the same style CSC had for there Time trial helmets. ask to see pic's

smart Tips
Vuelta's-pro super lights wheelset $219.00/1586 grams, FSA Neo Pro Crankset $400.00/998 grams, Velo STT Pronto saddle $29,00/333 grams

[May 22, 2009]
snail male

Strength:

- comfortable aero position
- stable on crappy surfaces
- quality workmanship... a beautiful frame
- relatively affordable price of admission
- visual appeal for what's becoming an old school design
- faster than its engine

- none found so far.

This bike's excellent design and build quality, and its decent componentry, greatly suits my needs. It's affordable enough that I can ride a time-proven fast frame and hone my craft, allowing me to upgrade as I go. It's a pleasure to ride; so far I've only gone 60 kms (~35 miles) at a time but no discomforts, and that's with a 50 year old body!

- only embarrassing things...

[Jan 16, 2009]
triweezer

Strength:

aerodynamics, spacers, weight, responsive

Unable to mount a water cage on the down tube.

I previously owned a road bike with aero bars mounted which did fine for my first triathlons. Once I purchased this bike (really I have the P2K) I was much more comfortable on the bars. The Ultegra setup is much smoother and responsive. This bike increased my average MPH by about 1.5mph while I was coming off of injury. I really like having the spacers above the headtube to allow the stem to be lowered allowing for that perfect fit for the rider.

[Dec 22, 2008]
ducatisl

Strength:

Build quality, speed, acceleration, and quiet. The important stuff is Dura-Ace. Plenty of headset spacers on the fork for adjusting fit.

Brake levers (Diacomp?), basebar (Cervelo/Profile Stoker) is a little wide and flimsy (I'm 220 lbs). I probably should have got a 56, I am 6' with a 33" inseam, and I had to cut about 1.5" off of that beautiful seatpost.

2008 model. Excellent aluminum bike that is quiet, fast, and well built.

Dura-Ace derailluers and shifters. Cassette and chain are Ultegra. I actually kinda like the compact 50/34 crank and 12-25 cassette. Took a few rides to get the fit right, but in the end I'm easily cruising in the 21.5+ mph range which is nearly 2 mph faster average over my Ultegra roadie with aero bars.

[Oct 27, 2008]
derekm2j

Strength:

fast, good buildout even on ultegra. Aero very adjustable great price.

the cane creek brake levers are a bit loose but are an easy upgrade. I am not crazy about the shimano wh 500 wheels.

Mine is actually an 08 but there was no option to put that. I just got it the other day only put about 30 miles on it but I love it. I am a 3rd year triathlete coming from a Lemond Chambery with aero bars. The difference is night and day. I have made a few adjustments and i find myself climbing slight hills at 18 to 21 mph and absolutely crushing my old times for a route i used to do on my old bike. This bike is great at power transfer and climbs and corners much better that i expected. I looked at and test rode the p2c as well but unless you are pro level or like to spend money stick with the p2sl you will not be dissapointed.

CERVELO P2C quintana roo kilo, quintana roo seduza, trek equinox 7. These were all test rides but i liked mine best.

[Oct 07, 2008]
Remco

Strength:

-Very aerodynamic
-Comfortable
-Looks nice
-Not too expensive
-Acceleration

Maybe one day I will buy a set of fast wheels but the fulcrum racing wheels are fine for the moment.

I ve always ridden on a (old) normal road bike with a clip on time trial steer. The difference between my old bike and the cervelo p2sl is huge. It is mainly a lot faster in acceleration all power is transfered from the pedals to the rear wheel. I can also sit a lot more aerodynamic and comfortable on this bike making it a lot easier to go fast. Average speed difference is about 3 to 4 km/hour I think. It is also not too expensive and it looks great. I love the aero downtupe and seattupe. I need a little bit more pratice in shifting using the bar end shifters (shimano 105 build) but in practice one does not shift too often on a tt/tri bike. It is also a lot lighter than my old road bike.