Felt B12 Triathlon Bike

B12

Chopper (Triathlete)   Triathlete [May 09, 2017]
Strength:

Very smooth with solid turning and braking. Great looks. Excellent value when compared with other bikes in the price range.

Crankset, seat, and brake levers.

Absolutely love this bike. Upgrading the crankset, BB, and brake levers made a marked improvement. Unlike the experience of a previous reviewer (whose bike was equipped with a 650 cm wheel size as opposed to my larger 700), my bike and post bike run times decreased noticeably. While being an excellent beginner TT bike, this bike is quite capable of holding its own and has led to many podium finishes. I would put it up against anything else in its class.

Clayton Gunning   Recreational Rider [Mar 26, 2010]
Strength:

Has to score big in the value for money stakes. I don't believe I would be any faster on a B2 or Cervelo or anything else. When seconds count you're looking at top of the range but if you're about competing and finishing this bike is worth a look. Also it's a stunner in the looks department, why pay the same money for a bike that may perform the same but looks, well, ordinary?

The saddle is very average and I swapped it for a San Marco Aspide after only a few rides but saddles being so personal bikes probably shouldn't be sold with one! The FSA cranks are not to the standard of the rest of the bike and I chose to pay $200 extra and upgrade the cranks, bottom bracket, cassette and chain to full Ultegra SL at the point of purchase. A worthwhile spend and it must be noted this upgrade was standard on the 2009 model.

This review is actually for the 2008 Felt B12. It is a good alround bike for what it is, an entry level Triathlon bike for the middle of the pack competitor. I believe with a few modifications that I have done you can certainly ride to your potential on this bike.

Similar Products Used: This is my first full carbon TT bike and was bought to replace a Trek Equinox 9. I would have to say if you're doing an Ironman the difference is huge but not felt so much on the bike but on the run. The Trek provided just too harsh a ride.
Catherine   Triathlete [Apr 18, 2009]
Strength:

did not feel bumps in road as badly as witht he cannondale R800.

small wheel size working with a 55/42

Has not worked out for me. Went from a 1999 cannondale to this-much faster much lighter, softer ride. The reality: my swim and run times were faster and my bike times were slower. so...blame it on the bike, right. I am 5'7", & I think the problem was the a 55/42 with 650cm wheels. very disappointed.