Fuji Bicycles Aloha 1.0 Triathlon Bike

• Tires: Continental UltraSport, 700 x 23 Foldable
  • Seat post: Fuji Carbon Pro Aero, 300mm

[Aug 14, 2009]
TriGuy85

Strength:

Fantastic frame, sturdy components, great customer service from Fuji, aerobars allow lots of adjustments for a proper fit... the list goes on...

comes with a 9-speed group... would have appreciated a 10-speed setup, but that's only due to it being harder to find 9-speed components.

Overall a fantastic bike for the price (even if I paid full retail value!). My bike is actually a 2008, but all they changed were the bars and the paint job. Frame is aerodynamic and strong, and weight is competitive with higher priced rides. The components are sturdy, but a little on the heavier side. I upgraded pretty much everything but the aerobars and basebar, which took about 2 pounds off. Even before though, the bike was well spec'd to take on the bigger boys at the local tri's. I wish I had this ride when I did IM Arizona.
I would highly recommend a bike fit to make sure you can stay aero while being comfortable. If you do this, I see no reason why this bike cannot get you to the podium.

Felt F90 road bike (all stock!)

[Oct 09, 2008]
SylvanGroveTri

Strength:

Every dollar I have spent on this bike has been worth it.

I have been fitted properly so I rate this bike as very comfortable.

This bike after hard use shows no sign of wear.

I do not like the way the welds look. I know it is a petty comment. For such a great ride and price, I live with it.

The wheels are a little heavy and I say that only because I train on hills constantly with a cycling club and these guys have the lightest wheels. On the flats, they draft off of me.

This is my first year doing triathlon and this is the only bike I have owned. That being said, though I do not know about other bikes I see cheap bikes to expensive bikes at my events. Though I am competing with bikes 5 times the value of this bike this bike has more than what is needed to compete competitively. In my last tri, my bike was the 7th fastest and it was a very hilly ride. I did a century last weekend and averaged 22.7mph and completed it in 4 and a half hours. Make sure you get fitted properly and this bike will help you reach your potential.

I do not think I have been the most gentle with this bike and it has held up very well. I have brought it back to the store only once for a tune up and though everything was gone through on the bike, the only adjustment needed was to true the not so light wheels.

This bike has made me a firm believer of Fuji bikes.

[Jun 03, 2008]
jwedge

Strength:

geometry, fit and finish, price

brakes, wheelset, seatpost clamp

The aloha is Fuji's lowest entry tri-specific bike, but it doesn't act like it. Very comfotable aero position, tried aero bars on my Roubaix and never felt comfortable. Tracks well when your head is down for a break and seems to have Fuji's reliability and tolerances.

Fuji Roubaix
Bianchi Sport SX

[Jul 02, 2007]
undeadzed

Strength:

Components, price and ride

Wheels, they'll do for now but will be upgraded soon

Great value for price - looked at many bikes in the range - Fuji changed brakes to Cane Creek and Bars to flat vision. Haven't done tris in almost 20 years and amd very happy with the ride and feel of the frameset. Setup very comfortable.

Eddy Merckx 1980's, Scattante 660, DBR podium 3

[Nov 27, 2006]
Vito Squigliante

Strength:

Price and components ($960 plus nearly $100 cash back from Performance), nice and stiff. Fairly light.

Wheels are a bit lame so I put on my Rolf Vigors instead.

Bought this to do time trials and for under a grand (year-end clearance plus 20% off coupon) it's hard to beat. More than simply an entry-level bike, this comes equipped with Ultegra/DA mix.

Nishki tri bike (late 90's model)