Kestrel Talon SL Tri Triathlon Bike

• Fork: Talon Ems Sl Carbon Steerer
  • Handlebar: Profile Cobra Wing Carbon
  • Aerobar: Profile T2 Cobra
  • Headset: FSA Devolution 1/8"-1/4"
  • Crankset: Ultegra SL 39/53

C Amores   Triathlete [Aug 10, 2009]

Unbelievable well crafted. When climbing hills and mountains which we do in WV constantly, she is firm and stiff. When descending, I am confident and can stay in the aero position because of the secure feeling this bike communicates to me.

I will be slowly changing out Ultegra for Dura Ace and better over the year. Other than weight I can shed via new components, I have no issues with the bike.

The quality on this bike is amazing. My local bike store has several brands and their are a few stores around so I can basically choose what bike company I like the best. After looking at the components that come on this bike, it was very difficult for me to consider its rivals. The Felts, Specialized, Fuji, Cannondales and you name it were not all carbon at this price. Even the wing and tri bars are carbon. So my local LBS looked at my old 54cm Fuji and ordered me a 52cm Kestrel Talon SL. Why? the sizing on the Kestrel was different. And yes I fit it perfectly.

I ride with a group that has been road riding for 15 years and though my tri bike is out of the ordinary, we are a great group. Last year 5 of us did the Salisbury Century averaging 22.7 mph. It was a tough day of drafting and pulling but it was just as tedious saying, "On your left," 8 billion times.

But back to the Kestrel. I know it has been early in my ownership but I can already tell that it is faster than my Aloha. It is so nice to not have to pedal when everyone else is. I am at rest when they are working.