Quintana Roo Seduza Triathlon Bike

Seduza

Quintana Roo Seduza Ultegra: A classic example of trickle-down technology, the Seduza's design is influenced by our years of designing and manufacturing cutting-ege triathlon bikes. Featuring beautifully woven 12K carbon...

Matt   Triathlete [Aug 23, 2010]
Strength:

lightweight, responsive, decent components for the price, bike can really get up and go at a moments notice

Bike is a 2010 Seduza and its a great bike. I have had it for just under a month and have been riding it about 20 miles a day. The reviews regarding the earlier models indicating issues with seat discomfort and tire / wheel issues are unfounded on this new model. I am extremely comfortable on the bike and feel like riding it all the time. The bike is responsive and its smoother than the bikes my friends have. Many of them have been riding for a lot longer than I have and I am able to keep up with easily on this bike. For the price its a great investment and I look forward to riding it for years to come. All 3 Sports in Atlanta great job.

Kenny C   Road Racer [Jul 30, 2010]
Strength:

Frame Areo, responsive, nice looking

Alex 320s Wheels wore out in four months terrible. Replaced them with Dua-ace some day I will purchase Zips. FSA Omega Cranks way to heavy for me. Changed from 172.5 to 175 Dura ace. The Vision aero bars are next to go but ok for now. The Seat Quintana Roo very uncomfortable, changed for a profile tri-Stryke very nice way better.

I bought a 2009 Quintana Roo Seduza,for training and commuting to work. I really like the bike, but I am slowly changing the components. very areo and responsive, lots of complements. I like the bike allot I just have to lighten it up. When I'm done whatch out.

Similar Products Used: None first Tri bike I will stick with Quintana Roo
Colby Titland   Triathlete [Feb 18, 2010]
Strength:

Frame is light stiff and aero.

Wheelset, components and Qroo customer service.

Front deraileur bracket loosened upon normal use. I called Qroo to have the problem fixed in 2009, their "policy" it to warranty the frames for only three years. They did fix the deraileur bracket (which is their design flaw), but I had to pay for the work and shipping both ways.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo P2 and Giant TCR Comp2 (both Giant and Cervelo have lifetime frame warranties)
rookid010   Triathlete [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

speed
agility
light
responsive
color

very weak components when purchased
great tires, aweful wheelset

I actually have a 2008 QR Seduza, it just wouldn't let me choose 2008 for the year. The frameset is one of the best frames i have seen on a bike. Everywhere i go, people have to comment on how nice the bike looks. The frame is really responsive and very light. I luckily picked the year where the bike came with d/a r. derailer ultegra front derailer and d/a aero shifters. For the 2009, they definately dumbed down the components all the way through. Except for the two derailers, this is pretty much a buy-and-build bike for me. Ive gotten rid of the aluminum components that came with it. Upgraded to Profile Design T2 cobra carbon stem, clip on bars, base bar and QSC brakes. Purchased new ultegra brakes and will most likely get new chain and cassette in the future, kinda dissapointed on some of the cheap components on it. The summer will most likely yield a FSA carbon crank of some sort. The wheels are absolutely aweful. Alex 320dx. Some of the worst i have ridden on. They have a terrible feel to them (will have to get some new ones when the bike is paid off). If one were to find just a frame of this bike, you would have a very good start off point. When i am done building this bike, it will be comfortable and a rocket on the road

dnaelon   Triathlete [Apr 09, 2008]
Strength:

comfortable frame, light, stiff, responsive. Value

stock wheels are horrible, parts spec is a little cheap, internal cable routing can be hard to work with

Great frame and geometry. The spec was a little cheesy, coming w/ a 105 level cassette. Plus, the stock wheels are just horrible. I put a rating in for the ALX320s and how bad they are.
The bike however, is just amazing. Comfortable, light, stiff, and responsive. I put some upgrades in which make the bike just amazing. I swapped the crank after a year to a KForce and went DA front to back.... this thing flies for me now. Awesome bike, best value BY FAR for the money!

B-Nut   Triathlete [Sep 06, 2007]
Strength:

Frame
Value
Components
Cockpit
Looks

Wheelset

I am a mountain bike racer/road rider that discovered triathlons are a lot fun. I must say that I am very happy with my Seduza purchase because of the overall quality and value of the bike.

The carbon frame is stiff and has a great ride, especially on the long races. The Durace/Ultegra/FSA/Generic component mix is a great balance between value and performance. The Vison cockpit is great as well.

My only complaint is the wheelset. The Alex wheels were poorly built, flexy, heavier and I'm already questioning their durability. The wheels flex side-to-side a lot. The spoke tension was not even which resulted in a lot of truing at first. The freewheel had to be taken rebuilt after racing in the rain one time. I plan on replacing the wheels with Hed, Zipps or Bontragers as soon as I can afford it.

The bike is noticably faster in a time trial than my road bike, and the geometry does save your legs for the run. I usually don't care about looks, but I must say, this bike looks great.

The folks at Gear West in MN did a great job of helping/fitting me with the bike. They even swapped stems months after the purchase for no charge.

Similar Products Used: Tested Felt, Cervelo, Specialized and Cannondale Tri bikes. Currently ride Lemond road bike
TReyeGUY   Triathlete [Aug 07, 2007]
Strength:

Design is good, nice geometry; decent specs for price

Everything else, but especially the terrible QR support

I bought the Seduza as it has the same frame as the Caliente/Lucero, and didn't like the stock features by QR. Had problems from the first week: o-rings on the crank arms not installed, faulty BB, wheels shot after 2 months and the frame needed to be warranteed after 6 (bolt fitting on seat tube defective). QR service is atrocious - have been waiting 5+ months for the frame that they were supposed to rush out. Be very careful if you're shopping for this or any other QR - service is atrocious.