Blackburn Delphi 2.0 - 6.0 Computers

Blackburn Delphi 2.0 - 6.0 Computers

With a large display, tons of features and a smart, user-friendly interface, the Delphi Series cyclometers put all your vital ride info at your fingertips. Backed by Blackburn's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
All Models Feature:

• All Units are Cadence Compatible
  • 2-Bike Settings with Individual and Combined Odometers
  • 100hr Ride Time or Total Time Chronograph
  • 20-Lap Chronograph and Backlight on Delphi 4.0-6.0
  • Current, average and max speed
  • Trip/Total Distance
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 01, 2016]
    Frank

Strength:

None!

I'd stay away from anything with the Blackburn name on it. I had trouble with two of these computers. The last one simply wouldn't reset the distance function! Again, stay clear from Blackburn!!!

Absolutely terrible!

[Aug 12, 2012]
    John

Strength:

Price - you get what you pay for

Have had 3 of these and after a period the speed does not work. have changed batteries, have checked distance, have zeroed the unit, in fact, have done all that the clever guys tell me to do.
    What is worse, no response from Blackburn. Terrible product in ALL respects - avoid!

Stay away!

[Aug 03, 2012]
    Tim

Strength:

None that I have found until I throw it in the trash this weekend.

Speed has been inconsistent from day 1! Speedometer off which then causes the odometer to be off. Trends hard to pick up with the funky symbols.

Piece of junk, I am cutting it off this weekend.

[Mar 08, 2012]
    Theron

Strength:

The entire thing is a piece of junk. You're better off buying a $10 Walmart special.

I have the 4.0 and it is a piece of junk. It won't record speeds above 23 MPH. It is real inconsistent at lower speeds. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. If there is any moisture in the air the thing won't work at all. It's bulky. The display and buttons aren't that great.

[Dec 21, 2010]
    Chris516

Strength:

It is very consistent.

I had the Blackburn Delphi 5.0 and after one accident, I had to replace the entire bike computer, less than three weeks after I bought it. The second Blackburn Delphi 5.0 also was a dud after an accident. So I told the company to give me the Blackburn Delphi 6.0 despite their company policy. They relented and, even though I had to change the battery once, that was a small price to pay, compared to replacing the whole bike computer. The Blackburn Delphi 6.0 has been a workhorse for the data. Even though it doesn't have GPS capability, I would rather have that than, a GPS any day.

[Sep 27, 2010]
    Thomas Rost

Strength:

none. I needed a not very expensive cycling computer with HR and a cadence.

all the above! It has not made it thru one ride without malfunctioning!

Delphi 6.0:What a waste of money!
    - Powerlines, Cell phone and wireless computer networks interfere with the wireless speed/distance sensor.
    - HR belt died after one ride in the rain
    - The altimeter sucks, even with constant calibration;
    - Terrible water seals, completely stops working in the rain.In fact, unreliable with any kind of atmospheric moisture
    - Zero customer support.

Cateye Enduro 8, Bike Mate; Garmin edge 305

[Sep 16, 2010]
    JTH

Strength:

Good computer for the price. You may pay big bucks for a garmin and still have the same issues. Good reading. Easy to mount. Most of the time it is right on. I think what makes this computer the best is the awesome customer service Blackburn provides. These guys back there product and everytime I have had a problem they have replaced the parts. I have to give props to these guy's and how they back there product. Not sure if other mfrs out there do this.

At times the HR is off or it may not pick up the wheel magnet. Usually I can

Neuro 6.0

I have had this computer for around five years now. I have had some minor issues here and there (HR not reading right) but for most of my rides this computer is built to do what it is supposed to do. Keep it clean, keep the batteries changed and you should have no problems. I noticed that when the HR strap is lubed or wet, it reads like a gem. For the money I think it is worth it. I have compared it many times with friend's garmins and the readings are accurates. I have also taken it on many mtn bike rides between 50-70 miles and it has held up well.

[Oct 14, 2009]
    Neil Howk

Strength:

Total piece of trash. Cannot reset computer to 0 to start each ride. Goes to sleep when I stop and doesn't come back on. Stops during rides, in fact it has not made it thru one ride without malfunctioning. E-mailed Blackburn for support and got no response.

Blackburn Neuro 4.0

Cateye, Sigma, dBase

[Mar 06, 2009]
    Long deKlein

Strength:

4 line display, good interface with minimal button pushing to access all data

Unreliable with any kind of atmospheric moisture, zero customer support.

My Delphi 3.0 has been a pretty good computer in some respects--I really like the display and the interface. As mentioned in other reviews, the unit doesn't like any kind of wet weather. Even damp fog is enough to make the display go nuts, so I use this one on my "dry bike". Sadly, much of this problem could be alleviated, or so it appears to me, if Blackburn simply reversed the mount so that the computer slid in from the back. Also as mentioned, attempts to communicate with Blackburn "customer service" about this were fruitless. My LBS attempted to order me a second bike mount and after receiving the wrong part twice, we gave up. Why have a second bike feature if you don't intend to sell the mount that would allow the buyer to use it? I dunno--rhetorical question. The cadence magnet fell off my crank arm within the first 2 weeks, but a neodymium disk magnet and a bit of duct tape made a much lower profile replacement. I'll keep using this until it breaks, but no more Blackburn products for me.

Vetta, E3

[Aug 15, 2008]
    Chris A.

Strength:

- large display
    - nice color scheme

- Poor technical support.
    - Susceptible to interference.
    - Incompatible with Blackburn's own lighting systems.
    - Unintuitive interface: buttons perform some functions only in specific modes, and it is hard to remember which buttons do what when.
    - backlight is hard to see unless you are in complete darkness.
    - stem mount bracket not included, and is usually a special order item

I've given the Blackburn Delphi 4 wireless unit a failing grade for a variety of reasons, as listed under the 'Weaknesses' sectioned. The most critical problem is complete incompatibility between the Delphi wireless units and Blackburn's own X8 lighting system. When I turn on the light, the computer reads 198 km/h! It's very susceptible to interference. An attempt to contact Blackburn to report the incompatibility between two of their OWN products were met by a hostile call center worker who had no interest in helping to resolve the matter, didn't understand the products in question, and wouldn't connect me with someone with more knowledge. This computer is going on a kid's bike.