CatEye Enduro 2 Computers

CatEye Enduro 2 Computers

CatEye Enduro 2

[Dec 25, 2007]
kdub

Strength:

-Very water resistant; had no problems at all even in pouring rain
-No problems in subzero temperature; not even a flicker on the dispaly
-small
-easy big digit speed readout
-Very durable
-Battery lasts forever. I am still on the original battery since 2003
-Made in Japan

-chunky wire, but then again the chunky wire was designed with mountain biking in mind for durability.

I have the same computer in both my bikes. Been using it since 2003 and they work so well I can't justify changing them.

Avocet 35
Vetta
Performance

[Mar 05, 2007]
Karellin

Strength:

Other reviewers have covered its strengths in depth. I concur with these reviews, and genuinely like the product. It does what I want, flawlessly.

The handlebar mount has a little plastic lever you push to release the Cateye. This finally broke on a ride and the Cateye itself fell out and was lost. This was after 18 months of use. I was unhappy but bought another Cateye Enduro 2. Price was cheap on eBay. I now monitor the little lever from time to time to make sure that it is not fatiguing (you know, you see a little whiteness on the upcoming stress fracture). I don't know if you can buy another mount seperately but I hope so. Seems to me they should make the little lever out of metal and not plastic. Still, its replacement was cheap and setting it up again (my lbs did the first one) was simple. I recommend this product--but keep your eye on your little lever.

Very happy with my Cateye Enduro. But . . .

None.

[Jun 30, 2003]
abtractedfoundation
Racer

Strength:

Rugged, well designed, easy to use.

The plastic mount broke on the second day I used it. I was riding in 33 degree F weather, and the dismount lever snapped off when I pressed it to remove computer. The mount still works, just scratches my finger.

This is a nice computer, waterproof, solid, light, lots of functions, relatively easy navigation. For the reviewer above, you can switch to trip distance 2 with one button, which wouldn't necessitate the two handed simultaneous button press for reset. It is a good thing it is so hard to reset, on my old computer occasionally I would accidently reset the computer when taking it off. Overall nice computer, I paid too much for it though. My value rating reflects on the price I paid.

Sigma Sport BC 800 which is also an awsome computer.

[Dec 12, 2002]
johnnyhowell
Racer

Strength:

-Big numbers on good contrast background, which is better than Vetta's -Distance is in 100/th's of a mile, Vetta 10/th's - Straightforward operation - 3x distance options (dist 1,2 ODO) - Quick speed determination; Vetta wireless has lag, like it's thinking

I bought the Vetta V100HR for 3 reasons: 1) Too difficult to reset the Cateye reliably when doing laps. I cannot reset it with one hand more than 1 out of 3 times. I do laps, and want my lap times. 2) No cadence like my old Cateye 3) No integrated Heart Rate Same wheel measurements between Cateye/Vetta yield different distance measurements! (time is at least the same) - Again: Reset buttonpress sequence SUCKS

The road bike I bought came with a silver Enduro 2, and I thought it just fine, except it didn't have cadence. Thus, I recently bought a Vetta V100HR wireless cadence computer, and have them both mounted on my handlebars so I can compare side-by-side.

Vetta V100HR Cateye pre-Astrale cadence model

[May 14, 2002]
cjcanty
Cross Country Rider

Strength:

Reliable, durable

This computer is great. I have had it for about 2 years. I was having some problems with it trying to get a reading but it turned out that it was not installed properly. It is just about clutz proof. Everyone talks about it still working in terrible weather, well I mistakenly threw mine into the laundry as it was in the pocket of my cycling shorts. It amazingly still works perfectly. I couldn''t believe it. Definitely recommend the product.