CatEye Mity 3 Computers

CatEye Mity 3 Computers

Cateye Mity 3

[Jan 01, 2015]
Keith

Strength:

Excellent

none that I know

I had lost my instruction manual.
I emailed the Australian agent and received a very helpful reply the next business day

[Jul 24, 2011]
tim morris

Strength:

easy to set up and read, simple information is displayed

the error problem

it's a simple computer, easy to set up and gives accurate results. But the average speed computes an error if I go more than 600km without a reset.

[May 10, 2006]
Mr. Versatile

Strength:

It has all the good basic functions. Easy to read. Easily changed to a different bike with different wheel size.

Completly indecipherable owners manual. Had to call the support line 3 times to clarify how to set the $%^$% up. Cateyes, IME, just do not last. I've owned many computers over the years, and every single one has been better than the Cateyes in terms of set-up and longevity.

It's a typical Cateye. I've owned 5 Cateye computers, and I've never had one last 2000 mi. or more.

who should buy this? Anyone who likes to spend $$ and time changing computers 2 or 3 times per year.

Nashbar, Performance, Avocet,

[Mar 30, 2005]
Nigeyy

Strength:

Still works. Very cheap.

Arcane way of getting to some functionality; pressing the back reset button required?!! You haven't got the manual? Forget about it. Not intuitive. Buttons are on the side at the bottom to press, not as easy at having them on the top.

Hate to be one of the few people who don't like this, but I really don't think much of this. It seems to be well made, and certainly still functions after a year, but the biggest problem I have is its lack of intuitiveness. In comparison to my Vetta CR-16 (still works after 4+ years) it's a bear to remember which buttons to press, particularly if you have this computer on a backup bike you don't use often. Thank goodness I put the manual in a safe place! Lastly, I find fault with the button placement; they are on the bottom at the side -I find it much more awkward to press them when I'm riding -especially when you have to press both of them simutaneously (usually you use your thumb at the bottom so you can't press two buttons in easily)..... I just don't think it's very well thought out. Definitely won't be buying one again -there have to be better thought out computers than this.

Vetta, Mity, Nashbar brand, etc

[Mar 27, 2005]
cam

Strength:

excellent usability. i mean the info u want to see is in 3 sections, so if you wanna see a time, ride time or time of day, you just go to the second function.

no weaknesses if this is what you want, ie. i want a computer with cadence but i guess thats not a weakness of the computer

i have had this computer since i first got my bike and it has been a great starter computer. i have had no problems what-so-ever. it is very easy to set up and even easier to use.

[Aug 15, 2004]
greyzephyr

Strength:

-easy setup, unless trying to hide the wire -easy to use, buttons easy to manipulate -large mph always on top, if that is how you prefer it -accurate

-wired -doesn't hold up to being hit by an f150? -has a thing with 43 miles an hour

I loved my computer. And the only reason that I use past tense is due to a Ford F150 that ran over it. I used the mity for about three years and never had any complaints. The only thing that was tough was trying to mount the sensor and magnet on the left side of the my bike as i store my bike on a hanger above the couch (looks great if you were wondering). I only did this for minor aesthtics. Some reviewers spoke of the unit flying off, i have never had this happen without it being my fault, ie. not securing it back on the mount after popping it out slghtly to prevent corruption of morning numbers. I commute quite a bit as well as pleasure riding, so i am often out in the elements, and this computer never blitzed out or fogged up or anything and that even includes a round in the washer AND dryer. One thing that i just remembered, last summer I was going wicked fast down one of kentucky's many gorgeous hills (the only good thing about this state) and for some reason it stopped giving detailed readouts at 43 miles an hour, it would not even give tenths of a mile, I know that i felt myself accelerate further down the hill, but...

no name piece of junk from target

[Mar 20, 2004]
Chainstay
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Reliable, easy to use

Cannot buy a 3.1cm mount. Restart button is difficult with heavy gloves

Great reliability. All the needed features included dual trip mode. Easy to use and set-up. My complaint is that I Could not get a mount when I converted to 3.1 cm bars

Various Cateye

[Aug 29, 2003]
markdionne

Strength:

I find the interface very intuitive. The basic program cycles between the three things I mostly want to see: average speed, trip distance and riding time. Hold down the buton longer and you get another value that is related to the one currently displayed.

The unit can slide out of the bracket when you press the buttons. I think it's only a matter of time before this unit ends up flying out of the bracket into traffic. It's difficult to press both buttons with one hand, which is how you reset the distance and time.

Imperfect, but a pretty good deal for $13. I guess I prefer the old Mity 2, because of the problem with the Mity 3 sliding out of the mounting bracket.

Mity 2, Specialized, FliteDeck.

[Mar 12, 2003]
thordin12
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Numerous features which measure performance.

Doesn't monitor rear wheel for the stationary trainer. Lack of a cadence feature.

For the weekend warrior rider I would say that this unit is a sound buy. It offers numerous features to track one's progress and performance (i.e. total distance, trip distance, top speed, average speed, etc). I have two of these computers and have yet to have any problems with them. I have only found two drawbacks. The wire is only long enough to reach the front wheel. As a result, it does not monitor performance on a stationary trainer. The lack of a cadence feature is also missed

[Oct 04, 2002]
Andrew
Racer

Strength:

Simple Operation, easy to read

Couldn't get mine to work for more than a few weeks. Tried a new one, same model and the same thing happened.

I was pretty displeased with this unit. I had two magnetic pickups go bad in a matter of weeks. It's a good thing I got them on sale or I'd be pissed! These things turned out to be pretty much a DISPOSABLE COMPUTER!

Avocet, Topeak, Vetta