CatEye Strada Cadence Computers

Strada Cadence

The Strada Cadence by Cateye is an easy to use computer that allows you to keep track of your pedal cadence and your current speed. With Cateyes FlexTight bracket allows you to easily mount the Strada on your handlebar or stem. Cade...

Barry Basso   [Aug 15, 2016]
Strength:

nice when it syncs up
cadence

very difficult to keep in sync
sync procedure is tedious and hit or miss
you can waste a lot of time trying to make it work
annoying when you are on a long ride and computer stops working

requires two different types of batteries (made sure the batteries were new)- the process of trying to get the unit to sync up is tedious and you need to try over and over until it works. thought i was tech savvy enough to follow directions also followed sync directions on utube unit is supposed to sync to different sensors for two bikes, but i only have one bike and this feature just adds to the confusion ....... another century ride without a computer - expected much more from cateye. my unit is a little over a year old - not buying from cateye again. unit lost sync in May then June and now it is going in the trash.

vibhaker   [Nov 07, 2015]
Strength:

Compact size, cadence, speed and HR Monitoring included, its a wonderful piece to have on a bike.

Nil so far.

I have been using Cateye products for years ; lights, computers etc. I like their quality and had no problems with any of their products so far. I recently got the 430 model computer and im enjoying my rides with the data i need. Will recommend Cateye products to one and all.

Roger   [Jan 25, 2013]
Strength:

Looks nice

Unreliabile.

I haveused many cateye products icluding lighting systems and cycle computers and found them to consistently do exactly what they claim. Recently I decided to have all my bikes use the same type of computer. I brought three strada cadence units. Within weeks the cadance sensor cable broke on one. Soon after I found a second stopped working because of corrosion of the contacts. The third now stops working because it is loose . I jiggle it and it works again but hard won ks aren't recorded. I can"t believe cateye have released such a rubbish design. I realy can't believe I have three of these pieces of crap.

Bumpstop   [Jan 12, 2013]
Strength:

Lightweight, well made.

Wiring, long term stability of the mount.

These are a very popular computer, can't believe no one's reviewed it. The GF and I must have 5 or 6 of these going on all the bikes. They do what they claim to do. My beef is that after a couple of years the computer will no longer sit tightly in the mount and begin to slip and fail to read signals, sometime later it will fall out entirely, esp when bumped lightly. Until that happens, its great!! It is the mount/base component that is at fault due to soft plastic. Installation is pretty easy, however you may not like the aesthetic of all the wires running along your bike's chainstay and downtube. In a fairly heavy rain the contacts between the computer and mount will short out, you have to pull the computer out and blow the water off to get it displaying again. 1 x CR2032 battery life is about a year for me, these cost about $3. I find the display hard to read at times, as it is not huge, but that is because it is not huge, it is small! I keep buying them, so I must think they're the way to go.

Similar Products Used: CycleOps Joule 1.0
Trek iNote
tal   Recreational Rider [May 02, 2010]
Strength:

Simple, easy to use.

None.

Like the Cateye Cadence very much. It provides all the data I need.

acid_rider   Recreational Rider [Feb 19, 2010]
Strength:

it does not work (speed and cadence reads zero or other incorrect value) and the warranty support is almost as good - 4 weeks of waiting for replacement and only because I kept ringing the shop every week. The LBS installed it so there is no issue of "user error", it worked for a first few rides and then it stopped working or worked on and off, erratically.

my review is similar to previous one by Gary Geller, in almost all respects. This computer is rubbish and the Australian CatEye distributor (is it Pacific Brands?) are incompetent (or worse!). I returned it back to the shop and after 4 weeks of waiting and 4 phone calls they are finally giving me a replacement but I dont have any faith in this product or warranty support. Dont buy CatEye cycling computers - this is my honest opinion. I have had 5 cycling computers over last few years - this is the only wired one that did not work at all. Zero out of 5 score, pity 1 is the lowest one on offer.

Similar Products Used: wired echowell cadence, wired vetta rt77 cadence, vetta 100 cadence/wirelss (rubbish) and a couple of other older models.
Gary Geller   Road Racer [Aug 23, 2009]
Strength:

- Small size
- Good performance while it lasted !

- Not reliable
- Looks to have super flimsy cables
- Zero customer service

Very poor product. Bought for a second bike and the speed sensor stopped working within a month. The shop couldn't figure out why it stopped working, couldn't do anything under the warranty and 3 weeks later the UK distributor has still not responded to my email. My Cateye HR10 heart monitor was also a complete waste of money.

Similar Products Used: - Polar CS200CAD (replacement for Cateye HR10) works fantastic.
- Old Cateye Astrale 8 still going strong after several years.
Luis17   Recreational Rider [Jul 30, 2008]

easy to set up and user friendly, info is displayed nicely

having had a cateye computer for 6 years for me it was easy to pick the brand, My original one is still going strong, but I wanted cadence to have a more techincal approach to my rides and training. Setup was really easy, very user friendly interface, and information is dispalyed in a nice layerout... s for durabilty I will have to wait and see.

Similar Products Used: cateye, sigma, trek computers... lost the trek ( good computer ), sigma didn't last, cateye on my mtn bike still great
wsuvprof   Recreational Rider [Jun 28, 2008]
Strength:

light weight, easy to set up and use, reasonable size display

The candence feature stopped working in less than 6 months. When switching between functions the computer can easily slide out of the cradle.

Overall the Strada Cadence is easy to set up and use. The information display is fine (speed could be smaller and other information larger). However, after about 6 months use, the cadence feature stopped working. A test indicated the computer was fine, so the problem is the wiring or sensor. There is no reason either of these should be a problem as there have been no accidents or other events to cause damage. The other computer functions still work fine.