CatEye Strada Wireless Computers

Strada Wireless

Cateyes Strada Wireless is a feature packed wireless computer. It features a large easy to read screen thats paired with Cateyes sleek Clicktec interface technology allowing you to easily view any of its 7 modes. Current speed ...

james   [Feb 16, 2012]
Strength:

Auto-sleep so rest time not included in averages.
Small form factor
Legible display
Wireless
Cheap

No cadence option
No temperature display
No heart rate option
Time has been off a couple times and resetting time not intuitive.

This has been a good piece of gear. I'd buy it again and would recommend to a friend. Pretty basic, but performs well.

Ryan   Road Racer [Jan 30, 2012]
Strength:

Small but very easy to see big numbers

mount

Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it due to the fact that the mount has broken 3 times putting it on the handle bars. The clock has a slim but big numbers and an easy interface to work with. The whole thing is a big button. It is easy to use while riding.

Robert l   Recreational Rider [Nov 25, 2011]
Strength:

Does it's job. Looks great.

No light

Works as advertised. Looks sweet. The sensor looks high tech. But.....no light!!! My fault( didn't research enough) and I ride at night which makes it useless.

Similar Products Used: Cateye micro
J.Kilgore   Recreational Rider [Aug 30, 2011]
Strength:

A great wireless computer for the money.

The manual could be more clear but if you slow down, read, and set it up right, you will be happy with this purchase. The pieces of the mounting bracket need to be pressed flush together. Do this until the pieces are secure. When this is done the computer itself will click into the bracket securely.

I like it much better than the Cateye Vectra I had on my old bike. Slim and clean design. No buttons to push on the top of the unit, just press down on the screen to toggle between screens. The mounting bracket they give you with the nut to tighten is a great idea. I put the computer on the stem and it looks great and is easy to read.

Similar Products Used: Other Cateye, Blackburn, and Pricepoint branded computers.
lyleseven   Recreational Rider [Aug 11, 2011]
Strength:

Easy to read

Doesn't work!

Erratic. Skips, stops. Have tried adjusting everything but will work briefly and then fails.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Micro Wireless. Excellent. Several Sigmas...also great.
lfbenko   Recreational Rider [Jun 27, 2011]
Strength:

Display is easy to read, and computer is not obtrusive at all. No problems so far, and I don't expect any as I have had good luck with most bike computers.

Mounting instructions should be more clear. The "nut" that is used to secure the mounting bracket strap should be called a "mounting bracket nut", and in addition to the little drawing that shows its function, there should be some text indicating what it does, and that it enables easy use of the computer on different bikes. This is the first bike computer I had that didn't use the tie wraps for mounting. So when the strap wouldn't "lock" I returned to the store thinking I had received a defective one. The third helper showed me how to secure the bracket with the nut. Its a great idea,especially compared to the single use tie wraps typically supplied, but it should be better explained.

Does what it is supposed to do well (elapsed time, speed, distance). Easy to read display, and one touch function key is intuitive and convenient. Much like the MW100 I had previously; a little more compact, but lacks (unimportant to me) a backlight. Removeable mount a good idea, but the instructions should be more explicit on that point, and on mounting instructions generally. If you have an MW100 and need to replace it(mine lasted about 5 years before the computer would lose its settings while riding on bumpy roads) you can keep the old fork sensor/transmitter on your bike, and simply replace the computer and the mounting bracket.

Similar Products Used: Cateye MW100, Sigma BC800, Vetta and others,
Dan   Road Racer [May 02, 2011]

If it doesn't hold to the cradle I can't recommend it. $40 down the shoot.

Nice product. Easy to mount, digits easy to read, even at pace. Problem, after 120 miles the computer literally popped out of the bracket, onto the road. It was crushed by the car behind me before I could turn to salvage the thing. Most disappointing.

John   Recreational Rider [Aug 08, 2010]
Strength:

When it is in place, it works.

Hard to install. Falls out of its mount.

Can anyone recommend a cyclometer without these weaknesses?

It does not stay in its mount. On its first ride I found it had moved part way out of its mount. I shoved it back in as far as it would go. On its third ride I discovered that it had fallen off and was lost. Based on this experience will never buy a Cateye product again.

Similar Products Used: None.
amphibiousdad   Commuter [May 17, 2010]
Strength:

light under 20 grams (not that I personally care). Installation was a rum and coke, 5 oysters and 24 minutes. Accurate so far..but remember I only working with 51 miles. Better than comparable Trek's. Although I really dig a certain Sigma computer I couldn't deal with MPH in increments of .5 so Cateye won again. Albeit large MPH numbers, unit itself is very, very small. Well built not junk or cheap and I dig it!

Only one chance to mess up with the zip ties because Cateye only gives you the two you need...How about a couple more? Very Very small! When in the %^$# will ALL computers have a back-light? Oh yeah polarized sun glasses makes reading the unit a little to a little more difficult.

Okay I only have 51 miles on this thing so I'll follow up later- but so far so good. Installation was a easy for those who aren't in a hurry. One suggestion however if installing this product. Don't install the sensor (that reads the spoke magnet) on your fork the way Cateye recommends you to. It's bass akward! They have you facing the bulk of the sensor to the rear of the right fork so when it does eventually accidentally shift into the spokes it will definitely destroy the unit and possibly take a few of spokes with it..and maybe you. Turn it upside down so the "sensor" part of the sensor is on the bottom and face it forward on the right fork to read the spoke magnet. That way if it creeps into the spokes the rotation will thus cause it to fling away instead of suck it in. Otherwise everything seems accurate according to an Audi odometer/speedometer I was testing side by side with. The pushing down on the computer to change settings is a bit odd and yes it's true if you're not cautious you can hold it down too long between clicks and reset all your current data...that aint freekin fun. Just use your head and you'll eventually get the feel for it. I've already gotten use to which screens are what between clicks so we're all settled in. Only 51 miles but just wanted to give an initial.

Similar Products Used: Sigma, Bell, Trek
Dave Wright   Recreational Rider [Apr 27, 2010]
Strength:

Small size; nothing more than what you need; no wires; clean design; reliable; completely weatherproof.

With only 2 buttons to communicate with the unit, setup and time changes are a hassle.

This little computer simply does the job. Other reviewers may not have gotten the sender/unit relationship right. Put it high on the fork and directly beneath the unit. I have done lots of pack riding, and many riders around here use the same unit, but I have had no problems.

It's not a bad idea to toss new batts into both parts to start off each new year.

When I want more data I snap my Garmin into its mount; this little guy is with me for every ride.

Similar Products Used: Various wired models from Avocet and Cateye over the last 25 years.