Specialized 01 Speedzone Elite Computers

Specialized 01 Speedzone Elite Computers

Wireless computer with all the functions of the Comp plus cadence and backlight.

[Jul 27, 2003]
Dave

Strength:

Fairly easy to install. Gets the job done. I don't care about looks or anything, so this wasn't really a factor in my review. I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I like being able to snap the computer off of its mount and bring it to my computer to catalog the information easily.

This computer takes some getting used to. As mentioned, the mode is hard to read, but after a while you will memorize the sequence and/or the number format (i.e. dist. has two decimal places). The wireless feature is alright, but I would've gone with a hard-wired one if the shop I was at had one with the cadence meter. Besides, the cadence meter is hard-wired itself. I therefore see no need for the wireless (except to help break the bank). I would like to be able to hit a button to start/stop the sensor reading - that way I could walk my bike to and from my apartment without killing my average speed. Cadence meter is somewhat touchy and needs to be real close to the crank, but after getting this setup I found it to stay in place very well. In the end, my only complaint after getting used to it and all setup is that I can't stop the sensor from reading

Decent no-frills computer. This is my first computer, so I obviously have nothing to compare it to, but it gets the job done.

nothing

[Oct 15, 2002]
stcamp
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Well made, looks, price

n/a

Having used this product primarily for its wireless functionality, I have had no issues. The looks of the computer is clean, the buttons easy to access and the monitoring of the functions...precise.

[May 07, 2002]
titobandito
Racer

Strength:

Easy to install.

Cadence very, very sensitive. Has to be adjusted before every ride

I used a $19.99 Trek for 5 years, no probs. The first Specialized broke a battery contact within a month. The second: the light never worked, went wacky with the data, and it crapped out four months later.

Trek, Cateye

[Apr 10, 2002]
Mac
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

easy set up can preset multiple tire/wheel sizes quick switch between bikes

could have better scan mode back light doesn''t stay on long at night

After approximately one year I''ve had good luck with this unit. No malfunctions, water damage etc. I''ve set it up with wires and cadence on my road bike and use wireless off-road ( $20 extra transmitter) The display is fine on the road but seems a bit small on bouncy terrain. The functions are hard to read but easy to remember also it has a high low arrow for avg when in other functions. Would recomend.

avocet cateye