Specialized 01 Speedzone Sport Computers

Specialized 01 Speedzone Sport Computers

Full 8 function cyclometer in an affordable package. Extra large digits for easy reading in any light.

[Mar 13, 2005]
drummerboy1248

Strength:

Large display, durable, water proof, easy to read, inexpensive, choice of colors.

Zip ties. One function display.

I've had this computer on one of my bikes for a couple of years now and put around 4000 miles on it. I've had no problems with it. I've had it out in some heavy rain as well. The only minus is that the zip ties don't hold the sensor real tight on the fork. It's easy to bump it out of wack when removing the front wheel. The display is large and easy to read. I'd like to see a 2-line display, but at this proce point it's not a must. I lost the instrction manual. Needed a magnifying glass to read it anyway. Specialized has it available on their website. Nice touch.

Avocet, Cateye

[Nov 17, 2002]
Lisa
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Very reliable, easy-to-read display, all the basic features you need. Cool color :)

No two-line display.

This computer survived a cross-country bike trip and then some. I've put over 6000 miles on it in all sorts of weather -- winters in North Carolina, 100 degree-plus summers in the midwest, rain, even a little bit of snow/ice... no problems until a few weeks ago when I encountered a flooded bike path that was really muddy, and now the speed reading isn't too accurate. Still, for $20, I couldn't have asked for much more.

[Aug 24, 2002]
Gus
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Cheap and durable. Easy to read numbers. Operation is easy.

Diffacult to program. Not enought zip ties to hold the wire to the fork. And small, ensy wensy owners guide.

This is the second one I have bought and they are worth the $20.