VDO C2 DS Computers

• Auto Start/Stop
  • Programmable odometer
  • Twist-Click mounting

Mitch Cooper   [May 07, 2013]
Strength:

Looks great. Promise of fine German engineering.

Never worked after battery was replaced several times in spite of HOURS spent with hard to decipher manual in hand.

Felt cheated given that I paid over $80.00 for this item at a well-known retailer. I should have kept my receipt. Not everything German is well-engineered I guess...

Hooben   Recreational Rider [Jul 07, 2010]
Strength:

Wireless but still really good on speeds and information. Unit is easy to unclip from handlebar mount so that you can take unit off bike when you need to. Simple yet modern design makes it seem like it would be worth more.

Battery is only good for about 1,000 miles, then phantom speeds will begin to appear. Unit was flashing 89 mph on an easy ride. Then other times the display will come on and appears to be ready, but no information will load. Display just reads zero, then it's time for 2 new batteries which cost 5 bucks for a set of 2 from my local department store.

This is a great unit out of the box, can really give you real time views on your speed and cadence. Numbers are very easy to see and it is nice to scroll through information during your ride by just pushing the up or down arrow. You can buy it without the wireless cadence then add it on whenever you want. Display will automatically sense it. There is a clock feature on the top that is always there.

Similar Products Used: Cateye was the best computer I have ever had, but the VDO is better looking. More technical looking.
MTSchnur   Recreational Rider [Apr 22, 2010]
Strength:

Easy to setup, use, and good display. Good battery life. Low price.

None really.

I have this computer on my 2 road bikes and my wife's bike. It works really well, is easy to use, and had good battery life. The only trouble I have had is once it stopped reading, and I reset it on the fly and it worked fine again. My wife can even use it!

Similar Products Used: Other VODs, Trek units.
nobama now   Road Racer [Jun 30, 2009]
Strength:

Clean mounting with no wires, easy to read.

Cadence reliability and battery life.

The C2 didn't work well from the start, and it was replaced by my shop. Since then on the new one the cadence has never worked reliably. Batteries go quickly. This is my first wireless unit and it's clearly not as reliable as wired. I'm guessing other units work better than VDO's, and I'll find out.