VDO Vdo A8 Computers

Vdo A8

The sleek A8 isThe culmination of style and functionality.The A8 features a programmable odometer, sleep mode, auto stop/ start, KM/ MI selectable, and data storage during battery replacement.The simple display makes it easy for ridersTo quickly glance down To obtain information. Wired computer Current speedTrip counter ClockTotal odometer Average speed Maximum speedTrip rideTimer Comparison of current and average speed Water resistant

Paul W.   Recreational Rider [May 21, 2014]
Strength:

It works, looks sharp, sets up easily

Mount is poorly-designed

This is my first computer, so I have nothing to compare it to, nor do I have any advanced requirements regarding data collection (GPS, cadence, etc). That said, this thing has been a real treat because it set up the way it was supposed to. I really did not think it was going to be that easy. I had bought an Origin 8 Datastation CPT (wireless), but for some reason, the reset button on that unit did not work. This one works. I'm really really pleased and a bit surprised. I'm glad I went for a wired unit this time.
the only negative is that if yougo over a bump, the unit falls out of the mount and onto the street. I had to put a piece of thin cardboard in there, under the computer, and then twisted the unit into place, nice and snug. I guess there is something to be said for a computer that falls onto the street (twice) and is as good as new. I put a ziploc over it when it rains.Thank you, VDO, for a good-guality product.