CatEye Heart Monitor/Cyclocomputer Heart Rate Monitors

Heart Monitor/Cyclocomputer

Cateye CC-HB100 Heart Monitor/Cyclocomputer

Tommy Goggia   Recreational Rider [Jan 10, 2007]
Strength:

All in one cool looking unit that can be bar or stem mounted. Lots of functions on its multi display.

Overly complicated functions. You had better bring the instruction book with you until you figure out how to operate this thing.
The chest unit has wired sensors that attach to the elastic chest band, not as convienent as other brands.
The biggest problem is battery consumption. It could cost $20 or more just to keep this thing powered for a year.
There are better choices.

This review is for the Cateye CD300 Double Wireless cyclecomputer/heart rate monitor.

Similar Products Used: Polar = good, Garmin GPS, better yet.
Keith   Weekend Warrior [May 20, 2004]
Strength:

It's a Cateye. Heart Rate Monitor and cyclocomputer.

No Cadence. Has been up-dated, hence no longer made. It was expensive at the time

I've used this product for over 2 years and have changed the battery only once, and did this only because I thought it was about time. Love the product, but as said before no cadence. It works well have have encountered no problems at all.

Similar Products Used: Mity 2, Mity 3.
Phil   Racer [Jan 15, 2004]
Strength:

Value for money (cycle computer + HR monitor) Reliable cateye technology

Eats batteries Strap loses elasticity after a few months Bit chunky looking No cadence No audible beep when training outside HR zone

I agree with other reviewers, the CC-HB100 eats batteries and is subject to interference at times (eg. near overhead power lines for rail). The strap starts to lose it's elasticity after awhile also and is a bit chunky to look at. It survives the rain quite well however and I don't mind the value for money.

3dman   Weekend Warrior [Jan 11, 2003]
Strength:

Nice HRM cycle computer combo. Straight forward installation.

I wish it had cadence reading capability. You don't get any HR Zone info and it wont tell you what your max bpm is.

I've read a few of the reviews that really down this unit ( i.e rain problems, battery problems, buttons are goofy - whatever.) I can honestly state that I haven't had any of those problems. I have used my Cateye in the rain a lot (heavy rain even) and it's never freaked out. Overhead power-lines have caused erratic heart rate readings or no heart readings but I think this is a minor problem (for me) since I really don't ride by any powerlines. As far as battery life is concerned, this unit has out-done itself. I been using this thing for everything from tracking my caloric burn while I work or walk my dog to riding to you name it. I use it daily and still haven't had to replace my batteries. I've owned for exactly one as of this writing. The buttons function pretty much like any other Cat-Eye computer I have used in the past. Over all this unit is a great value and a workhorse to boot! I say buy it if you can score a good deal on it.

Similar Products Used: A handful of Cat-eye computers since 1988.
Vikingbiker7   Weekend Warrior [Dec 10, 2002]
Strength:

big numbers

calorie counter can not be accurate Eats batteries buttons are unlike any other Cateye bulky, ugly on your bike

This thing is hungry for Batteries. I have put three in the strap and one in the head unit. I loose my HR if it is cool and I don't wear a vest. This thing is huge and looks goofy. I have changed mounts and the Mity3 is lower.

Similar Products Used: none
Fluffy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 24, 2002]
Strength:

All-in-one, cheap

Sick of having to buy new batteries every few months, ugly unit

I like all the functions, especially the calorie counter. But I have to change the batteries every 2 months!! There must be something wrong with it. My dealer won't replace it, he says it's normal.

Similar Products Used: Polar
corlies   Weekend Warrior [Jan 14, 2002]
Strength:

value and simplicity

none noted

I have used this product for two years without incident. Power lines will interrupt transmission but overall it is an excellent value with targeted information and simple to use. Much easier to live with than Polar which requires factory battery changes.

Similar Products Used: polar, nike
Gary Alan   Weekend Warrior [Jan 14, 2002]
Strength:

All in one, and easy to use. With additional mounting kits (about $15 USD)it can be used on different bikes. And can be hand held for jogging.

Some power lines interfer with heart monitor. When that happens it is averaging zero into the heart rate average, which makes the average inacurate. When batteries are replaced the odometer is reset to zero.

I have replaced the batteries twice. Only problem I have had is external interference with the heart monitor. Seems to be caused by some overhead high-power lines. Also use it for jogging. I carry it in my suitcase when I travel. Have biked more than 6000km with it.