Kreitler Challenger Rollers

Challenger

When it comes to training indoors, rollers are without equal in improving your spin, balance and form. Kreitler's whisper quiet and silky smooth rollers are the choice of those in the know. Challenger rollers with 3.0" drums.

grayhair46   Recreational Rider [Dec 20, 2010]
Strength:

Reliable, smooth, quiet (except for the Headwind unit)

Headwind unit is loud. As with any trainer, keep children and pets away when you are riding on a trainer

Bought these rollers in 1990. I am riding with 2 flywheels, and sometimes hook up the Headwind unit. These rollers are smooth, quiet, and much easier to bear than any standard trainer. Just replace the belts once every three years and repaint the rails once every 5 years, and they will last a lifetime.

Similar Products Used: Minoura rollers (ugh), Kurt Kinetic, the original RacerMate
civil820   Recreational Rider [Feb 23, 2009]
Strength:

Well designed, no nonsense. Basic frame and rollers - very well made.

None. No bells and whistles.

Own a trainer and was looking for a way to breath life into my winter work outs. Shopped around and decided to spend a little more for the Kreitlers. Well worth the money - the drums are whisper quiet, well made. Stands up to my 200 pounds without a hint of a problem.

Similar Products Used: None.
whynotvw   Recreational Rider [Sep 03, 2008]
Strength:

Smooth, reliable, easy to set up and store. Easy on your frame.

none so far.

I've been using it for about 5 years now. Worth every penny, not one problem since new. I'm very pleased with this product. Very smooth, quiet, easy to set up,(5 seconds ) and easy to store.

MJCBH   Recreational Rider [Mar 05, 2006]
Strength:

Quiet, smooth, forces you to stay attentive (or they'll throw you off!). Quick set up - just unfold 'em and throw your bike on and your off.

Feel's wobbly and "flimsy" when folded up during transport, etc. but that does not reflect on the performance of these at all.

Rollers are amazing compared to a stationary trainer. After reading the reviews and asking around I decided to go with the Kreitler's and do not regret it one bit. I would say that I already have gotten my money out of them this winter. As mentioned in previous posts, it's nice to be able to jump on these for 20 miles after work (great for fitness and form). I was a little surprised at how "flimsy" they felt when folded up (and the apparent "lack of material" for the price but their performance has been perfect. I'm definetely glad that I spent the extra cash for the Kreitler's, as I have put over 300 miles on them and they are still smooth and quiet as new.

Similar Products Used: Minoura trainers
utahfan   Recreational Rider [Mar 03, 2005]
Strength:

quiet durable not as hard on frame as trainers

Killer Headwind a wee bit noisy

Fantastic rollers! I crank out a quick 10-15 miles on these babies every morning rather than braving the icy winter streets. Unbeleivably quiet on their own; not so much once I added the aptly-named "Killer Headwind". My balance and form has improved amazingly since using these. A wee bit hard to get used to the first couple of rides so set them up in a doorway. (I quickly learned that 20 mph is pretty darn fast when you're suddenly doing it in your family room!)

Similar Products Used: various stationary trainers
WACX   Recreational Rider [Feb 18, 2003]
Strength:

Quality built, sturdy, no problems, great product support.

the only weakness is the rider getting used to the rollers (no hands mom). the rollers have no weaknesses, none.

Was a little leary about trying rollers out so I propped myself up between two poles in the basement. That was about five years ago and these rollers have not given me a minutes trouble. well made, smooth as silk, almost silent. You can watch videos without the need to krank up the volumn. Fantastic product support. The owner goes around to events and supports OUR SPORT. Oh, did I mention great quality. Thousands of miles without a wobble.

Similar Products Used: Plastic Rollers (oh Poo-Poo).
jswhern   Road Racer [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Quality product and will last a life time.

none that I have experienced

I purchased these used and the original owner had them for 15 years, I have had them for 6. Absolutely the best!! Quite, and smooth great for technique and concentration.

Similar Products Used: Millard Rollers
huhnbeine   Recreational Rider [Feb 19, 2002]
Strength:

Rollers: Solid construction. Quality components. Foldable for storage. My balance and stroke(?) have improved already.

Headwind fan sounds and looks cheap. Mine arrived missing a screw. Added tension of fan belt in opposite direction to roller belt can pull the frame out of square.

Expensive, but worth it. The rollers are exactly what Kreitler claims...silky smooth and whisper quiet. Only drawback is the Killer Kool Headwind fan is not up to the same standards.

Similar Products Used: Mag and fluid trainers, other rollers.
herrkohl18   Road Racer [Jan 17, 2002]
Strength:

Ease of assembly, compact (it folds up effectivly halfing the storage size), dead quiet (I asked the people in the hall around me how loud it was and they said you can barely hear it and what you can hear is so soft and constant its not noticable), the drums are silky smooth

It was relativly expensive but i think it was worth it even on my limited college budget. Also a little bit difficult to get used to at first but stick with it and start slow.

The coolest cycling toy yet. I was more confident than maybe I should have been getting on it for the first time, but I got used to the sensitive steering rather quickly. Easy set up and small storage (I am in a small dorm room, emphasis on small) and i have enough room to ride in it.

Similar Products Used: fuid traners and stationary bike, ick
Billy   Recreational Rider [Dec 15, 2001]
Strength:

High Function Simple Construction Reputation

Price Finish

I''ve only been on these a few times and appreciate the quiet smooth feel of the rollers. The rollers by themselves are nice but the headwind attachment in my opinion is an absolute requirement. I found that without the headwind the rollers offered little challenge after learning to balance. I expected more from the headwind assembly. Not to say it doesn''t do it''s function, but lets face it, this thing is darn expensive. The look is cheap and it has zero insulation for noise. Overall the product oozes quality and function but for the single most expensive I would appreciate a little more detail to the finish.