1upUSA CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer Trainers

CPR A-2000 All-Aluminum Trainer

• Centrifugal Pressure Resistance (CPR) provides the most realistic simulation of riding a bicycle ever
  • CPR resistance technology outperforms fluid, magnet and wind trainers
  • Functional range for continuous operation from 4 watts (5 MPH) to over 3,000 watts (42 MPH), the widest range of resistance in the industry
  • Fluid free, NO LEAKS! CNC machined with less than .001 run-out
  • Six-inch diameter, six-pound all-aluminum flywheel (largest on any trainer) provides a smooth ride with 38 seconds of coast-down
  • Three-inch diameter all-aluminum roller (largest on any trainer) extends tire life and provides the quietest ride of any trainer
  • Foot operated Quick-Release allows you to load your bicycle in only 3 seconds
  • Telescoping front legs allows you to lower the rear tire to the floor for level riding, no riser block needed
  • Vertical height adjustment for any wheel size, even kids bikes
  • Beautiful deep blue and silver anodized light weight all-aluminum construction
  • Folds down to only 6 inches thick for compact storage
  • Comes fully assembled and ready to use
  • Guaranteed for life

• User Reviews (141)

thiekbalj   [Jun 23, 2016]
    Strength:

Quiet, solidly built, compact, sturdy and strong, great simulation of riding in a controlled environment without momentum, indestructible, easy to maintain

For the price even used is of the highest quality

I had never used an indoor bicycle trainer before trying out the 1upUSA and it has been an amazing first few rides. I am much more of a runner (50-70mpw) and use cycling as cross training but this piece sets you up perfectly for interval and strength building workouts. I live in a relatively hilly area and the effort required is much less on the road (most of them). Of course we go outside and bike for many other reasons but if you are caught indoors as I have been in the middle of a hot and humid summer and with time constraints or just want to get extra training in this equipment is a game changer. For me it's allowed me to easily double on most days of the week even with two kids under the age of four (4 and 1). It's given me the ability to balance age group goals with others in my life (career, family etc). In conclusion I'd just say that it's a fantastically constructed machine that meets every expectation you could have of a trainer and much more durable from reading other online reviews than fluid trainers.

Jeff   [May 20, 2016]
    Strength:

Solid construction, compact storage

Customer service, noise

I've had this trainer for a while and initially enjoyed using it. The flywheel is a little awkward to position on the wheel, requiring a bit of pressure, but does provide adequate resistance that is variable with shifting. The unit eventually developed a high pitched whining noise originating inside the flywheel that has rendered the unit unusable. The communication from the company has been extremely poor and inappropriate. Over a month to respond to the first email that took multiple attempts to elicit a reply which was rather curt. The instructions given to address the problem did not work and in response to an inquiry of what else I might try the answer was 'sorry, let us know if you have any other questions'. In each of my email communications I've also asked how the lifetime warranty applies and this has been completely ignored. This is extremely disappointing and if you are in the market for a trainer I would go elsewhere.

Andrew Brewer   [Mar 10, 2016]
    Strength:

Smooth, quiet and reliable !

None really. The aluminum from the roller will collect on your tire.

I've been riding the upgraded version now for two winters. The early model did indeed change resistance, but that problem has been eliminated in the upgrade. I've had great service from these guys too. They replaced the original without charge.
    I waited for two years and many indoor rides to make sure this trainer was good, and it is. I give it my highest recommendation !

Dave Bowman   [Nov 18, 2015]
    Strength:

Excellent trainer. Works flawlessly. Can adjust the flywheel to different sized bikes/wheels, and to change the resistance.

My new Mavic Ksyrium wheels do not fit into the hub holder.
    Have contacted this company multiple times by email and by phone but NO response.

I wonder whether they have gone out of business? The reason for the low rating is the total lack of communication, which is unacceptable. Unfortunate, as the product is very high quality.

RM   Road Racer [Jul 28, 2015]
    Strength:

Honestly, the only strength I canny is that it still "kind of" works

Reliability, Dangerous when carrying/transporting, very noisy, Customer Service

To start I have to say this review will be nearly Identical to the last guy that posted here. I originally bought this because it had some good reviews and it seemed to be a relatively decent price. I have less than 200 hrs on this for sure and have several problems already. Resistance is very inconsistent. It will go from normal to no resistance to "can barely pedal" all within 30 seconds, and continues like that for the entire workout. Noise level is also inconsistent...somewhat quiet at first to very loud to a very high pitched and very annoying sound. And whats really scary is the flywheel locks broke when carrying it and almost took my finger off! I received a big gash in my finger that probably should of received stitches on.
    Here's what REALLY sucks: I called 1upUSA and they basically told me "Sorry but we can't help you". They could care less that my finger was lucky to still be attached to my hand, and offered a couple tips to cure the resistance and noise problem, which did not work at all.
    My advice; Stay away from this trainer, period! Low quality and you can forget about customer service! There are a lot of better trainers out there for the same price.

MJCBH   [Mar 03, 2014]
    Strength:

Fairly lightweight
    Quiet when adjusted properly

Moving parts are a significant hazard when transporting
    Inconsistent resistance

I've had this trainer for approx. 3-4 years. I bought it because it was lighter than some of the ones I've used in the past and I felt like it would be easier to travel with to races. It's been ok but the large flywheel is very cumbersome and pivots (you have to screw down both knobs on the flywheel). When the flywheel is not tied down it can pose a significant hazard, as it caught my finger when transporting it, almost completely severing the finger and resulting in surgical repair. Needless to say the trainer became the black-sheep amongst all my teammates trainers and the team mechanics would not even bother pulling it out of the trailer at races. We have recently switched to the Cycleops JetFluid Pro and it is hands-down better in many ways. I will leave a review on that one in a different section.

Dreamer   [Apr 14, 2013]
    Strength:

Easy setup, No fluid to leak

Lack of durability, Warranty

I first got this in 2004 and put about 4500 miles on it. The wattage range that I was able to put out was never over 600 watts while sprinting. The bearings on the first resistance unit burned out in 2011 and they replaced it with a new one. The new unit was OK for about 200-300 miles then it started to give a lot of problems. Sometimes it will spin with almost no resistance, then it will tighten up and become very jerky and hard to pedal. Tapping on the resistance unit will knock out dust from the abrasion pad and then it will work better for a while. Took it apart to clean it and the internal parts actually seem to be wearing and there are grooves in the abrasion pad.

I contacted 1upUSA and they offered to sell me a new resistance unit. Since I have less then 600 miles on this one I feel that they should warranty it. I have also noticed that it's no longer easy to find warranty info on their site.

I'll be looking to buy another trainer for next winter and it will not be a 1upUSA. I'm dissapointed that it didn't last longer as I like buying products that are made in the USA. I just feel that a product that is this expensive should last longer, especially since most of it's use was in the easy range.

Summers   [Mar 05, 2013]
    Strength:

Well built, worked right out of the box. resistance is very good and feels like you're on the road. very little noise and was able to watch a program on the TV without cranking the volume. I'm not an expert but this trainer fills all my requirement and the cost was reasonable including shipment to Canada.

At this point I can't really find any that would warrant a negative remark.

Made in the USA! It's nice when we're able to purchase merchandise that's manufactured
    here in North America and the quality is light-years ahead of the stuff from China. I'm a 53 year old that was looking for
    something that enables me to maintain a good level of cardio and ready for the up coming bike season. Here in Canada our winters are long and cold, this trainer provides me with a means of keeping fit. Highly recommended to any other middle aged folks looking for a well built indoor trainer.

jim brewer   Commuter [Mar 02, 2013]
    Strength:

Straightforward design. Not too big. Beefy components. Easy to use. Good for road bikes which have high enough gearing to create their own resistance. Not too noisy.

Back wheel of your bike sometimes comes loose. You have to adjust the holders just right. Too loose and it comes loose. Too tight and it comes loose because it wasn't quite tight. It would be nice if they had a "click in" feature where you turn the red lever until it clicks in signifying maximum holding ability.

I've had mine for several months now. Your mountain bike probably won't work very well on this thing. The low gearing of most mountain bikes won't allow you to build the kind of resistance you would like. This also isn't some kind of high-tech wonder that allows you to train for the Tour de France in the dead of winter. It is a good honest trainer that allows you to easily keep a reasonable level of conditioning off season. It should last for years. Its easy to use so you won't have any excuses if you get one.

TennTrek   Recreational Rider [Nov 28, 2012]
    Strength:

Smooth. Very quiet compared to other stationary trainers I've tried (fluid and wind).Extremely solid construction. Stable, though I agree with other reviews about the need to pay attention when mounting the bike as the unit can tip over backwards. The unit is just flat out beautiful to look at. Well engineered and a great value.

None.

Best stationary trainer on the market