Kurt Kinetic Pro Dual Flywheel Fluid Trainers

Kurt Kinetic Pro Dual Flywheel Fluid Trainers

The Kurt Kinetic Heavyweight Dual Flywheel is the most versatile trainer in the industry. It comes with an attached 6 lb. flywheel AND an additional 12 lb. flywheel. The 12 lb. flywheel can be combined with the 6 lb. wheel for 18 lbs. of massively smooth

[Oct 13, 2009]
HouseMoney

Strength:

smooth & consistent resistance (the best of all of my previous trainers), rock steady, easy bike attachment/removal, practically a zero risk of leaking, quiet

heavy, if you're going to travel with it; who picked out the color for this thing? (j/k)

After about 3 month's of satisfaction, it was time to write a review on the Kurt Kinetic Pro trainer.

This trainer has been everything I could ask for in a trainer. It is stable, easy to set up, quiet (I use a Conti trainer tire), and the resistance is extremely smooth.

With the extra 12 lb flywheel added, it offers a very realistic road feel, considering it's a trainer. This trainer almost makes me look forward to 2x20 threshold intervals ... almost!

Another reason I went with the Pro instead of the basic Road Machine is that the Pro uses a quick-release lever to secure & remove the bike, whereas the Road Machine uses a knob. It makes getting the bike in & out a snap.

I've owned a bunch of different trainers (see below) and the Kurt Kinetic is the best of the lot. With the added flywheel, you wouldn't want to be lugging this trainer to your races. Removing the flywheel isn't that big of a deal since it's only a plastic knurled knob holding it on, but I'm going to pretty much keep it permanently set up like this in my basement and I'll use my Fluid 2 to transport when needed.

CycleOps Fluid 2, 1UpUSA, Tacx Ergo Flow, Minoura Inter-Rim, earlier generation CycleOps Fluid

[Dec 28, 2008]
82zman

Strength:

Realistic resistance curve

Amazingly smooth road like resistance. Makes indoor training tolerable.

I am using the speed to power conversion formula which I put into a spread sheet to estimate my power

cycle ops mag trainer

[Nov 19, 2008]
Rowdie

Strength:

solid and very good feel.

Price but you get lots of trainer and excellent customer service.

Best trainer I've ever used. Solid and smooth feel and consistent resistance curve. I used to hate riding on my trainer, but this has changed it all.

Tacx Excel, CycleOps, Tacx rollers

[Jan 12, 2008]
Aaron

Strength:

It's strength. With a really wide stance, this tainer is rock solid even when climbing out of the saddle or sprinting.
Compact. For having one of the widest bases of all trainers, the legs fold completely back so it takes up remarkably little room during transport or storage.
No resistance cable to wear out and snap.

Squeals like a new born pigglet if you use a dual compound tire. The first thing I did was put on a trainer tire.

The smoothest and most stable trainer I've ever used. The build quality out of the box impressed me. The skewer retainers fit perfectly, and are really well machined. It's not cheap, but like most things, you get what you pay for.

Tacx CycleForce One neodymium trainer.

[Jan 04, 2008]
Bill Stein

Strength:

Quiet, great resistance, great feel, small package, simple setup.

Price, but you get what you pay for. I'm working on my second one. The first had a faulty mount, and turnaround was an entire new unit in 2 days. Only weakness is no included front wheel riser. That would perfect this trainer.

A great trainer, the best I've ever been on. Very quiet on a solid floor, but if is on an upstairs floor or hollow plywood subfloor, turn up the music or the tv- just a little bit. Absolutely leak free, go for the pro model with the extra flywheel, it feels awesome. My fiancee uses it as a fitness ride as she talks on the phone. Very highly recommended, and definitely smoother ride than your wheels most likely are.

many brands of rollers, wind trainers, etc. I'd love to try the rock-n-roll trainer by Kurt.