Nashbar Deluxe Rollers Trainers

Deluxe Rollers

Deluxe Rollers

Stephen   Road Racer [Aug 29, 2009]
Strength:

Great build for the money. I liked them so much I took a big step and purchased a set of e-motion rollers. As a note the e-motion rollers address most limitations with rollers but come with a premium price and build is on par with the Nashbar rollers.

None specific to the brand except lack of resistance.

I bought these rollers to start training again. I had a Nashbar Mag trainer about 10 years ago so that is my only real comparison (until recently). They are built pretty solid, ride smooth, are not too heavy to move etc. For the money I think they are well worth the price even new. The limits are that it has not resistance added and with most rollers a bit more difficult to move around on the saddle which makes longer rides difficult. I was able to stand in a relaxed posture after about a week or so. If you lose concentration though you WILL shoot off the front :)

Similar Products Used: Nashbar Mag, E-motion rollers
Craig1   Weekend Warrior [Oct 23, 2002]
Strength:

Excel workout

noisy, noisy, noisy

Had debated over whether to go with rollers over static trainer for a while. Wanted the more realistic ride from rollers, but had no real experience with them. Nashbar rollers worked really well, but I run knobs, so they were just a little too noisy. Live in an apartment and the neighbors complained from the start. Have to return mine and go for the static rim driven variety. The workout was excellent, if you run baldies, it is the way to go.

scottc   Weekend Warrior [Jan 03, 2002]
Strength:

Solid well-built product. Quite ride over concrete. Easy to set up and take down. More fun than expected.

Only my own, so far.

I was torn between rollers or a trainer. As a novice cyclist I wanted to improve (and learn) fundamentals, but I also wanted a decent workout to prepare for the 2002 triathlon season. I decided on Nasbar rollers for two reasons: 1) the price was decent for something I wasn''t sure about, and 2) rollers seemed more interesting than a static trainer. Upon delivery, I had no trouble setting the rollers to my bike size, and the construction seemed fine. On my first ride I was white knuckle scared, and I had doubts to say the least. But after a few bumps into either side of a doorway and a few foot saves onto a milk crate, I started to get comfortable and gained confidence. I''ve had several rides of 20 minutes or less, and I can stay up without too much trouble. So far I am thrilled with this product (granted I have no comparisons). I look forward to riding, and the workout is better than expected (i.e. I build up a good sweat). I can recommend this product now without reservation, and I will write a second review after the long Central New York winter and many hours of rolling.