Tacx T1460 Cycleforce Trainers

Tacx T1460 Cycleforce Trainers

[Nov 13, 2008]
ripyourlegsoff

Strength:

good price, well made, still looks like new with years of use.

the colour, mellow yellow?

if your man enough, this t1460 is about as good as it gets, using the mag resistance and your gears there are plenty of different work outs to be used on this piece of kit the ride quality is not that different from the road.putting it together is a piece of cake (providing you are not a bungalow if you know wat i mean).

tacx force, rollers, fan turbo trainer. this one by far the best because of the resistance of the T1460

[Jan 06, 2007]
erikneilson

Strength:

Smooth, realistic road feel for an indoor trainer. Relatively quiet, don't think that an indoor trainer can truely be considered quiet, you will need to turn up the TV volume. Very good value for the money.

Resitance control unit which mounts on the handlebars is difficult to place so that it's out of the way. I put mine on the drops which works since I'm not in that position often indoors

Perhaps a little difficult to assemble and set up initially due to some interesting diagrams and pictures, 20 minutes probably. Quality and finish are very good. Large flywheel provides a very realistic feel. This trainer can simulate very high resistance and is an excellent choice for those wanted to train at high wattage output. That being said I have found the entire range to be quite usable and provides the ability to do anything from long slow endurance training to high intensity intervals with the resistance dialed up. I noticed other reviews found this trainer to be "noisy". I would call it whisper quiet but put down a piece of carpet and turn up the volum a bit and you're good to go

Computrainer but not really a fair comparison...Apples to oranges.

[Jan 04, 2005]
hetti

Strength:

...it's SO loud. I swear. Once you switch into a harder gear, look out, it sounds as if you're aboot to take off on an aeroplane runway. plus, setting the bike up on the trainer is hard, because one of the levers is perpetually stuck (the one with the white handle, which the product claims that helps ease bike set up - questionable claim!). i doubt i'll ever lug that thing to a warm-up before a race; by the time you fit your bike into the trainer, it'll be time for the race.

The thing is sturdy, and gives enough resistance for a nice solid workout indoors. However...

[Sep 15, 2004]
Wojo

Strength:

Sturdy, wide resistance range, smooth and quiet (USPS uses TACX trainers immediately before races)

Heavy, small glitches (see above)

This is a promised follow-up to my review shortly after I bought the Tacx Swing Trainer in early 2004. With the exception of a few minor glitches, it continues to be a fine trainer. Small complaints: the little nut that holds the resistance controller onto my handlebars falls out easily. I lost it (weird sized nut) so I can't adjust resistance easily during a session. Also, the foot pads aren't totally flat and have no adjustment so I have to put a piece of cardboard under one of them. However, the smoothness and range of resistance on this unit is awesome. It is also very sturdy and sets up quickly. The bearing heat issue I discussed earlier has not developed into a problem. Enjoy the coming winter, folks!!! Get a hold of the 2004 Tour DVD, load up the bottles and hammer!!!! Unless you are positive about the superior quality of another trainer, I wouldn't hesitate to use the Tacx (but it's not perfect).

Minoura Mag Trainer, Rollers

[Feb 03, 2004]
Joel Wojciechowski
Racer

Strength:

Solid quality construction Easy, common-sense assembly (though instructions are cryptic) SMOOTH and quiet PLENTY of resistance and a cable resistance adjuster Fun to ride!

Folding mechanism doesn't lock closed making it difficult to carry Heavy (but solid) Gets somewhat hot (not a problem so long as Tacx's bearing grease doesn't break down)

After reading great online reviews and hearing good things about this trainer from a few University of Rochester Cycling Teammates, I plunked my hard-earned money down for the Tacx 1460 Swing Trainer. After 5 weeks and about 25 hours riding, I am VERY SATISFIED with my decision! This magnetic system sets up easily in about 10 minutes, despite cryptic instructions and diagrams (don't forget to grease all your threads). Previous online criticisms of this trainer proved untrue for me: the old 6-speed axle on my winter roadbike DID fit into the unit (though barely), the resistance is by no means too easy (and I'm a pretty powerful rider), and, while not silent, I did not find the unit 'noisy.' The quality Dutch engineering and manufacturing is evident right out of the box as the solid unit exudes a beautiful simplicity in its controls and lines. While the mag unit heats up a bit more than my old Minoura ever did and I wish there were smaller steps between resistance levels (not a problem if you adust the bike gearing), the Tacx 1460 is smooth and solid. A small yet massive flywheel makes for slight wheel slippage upon starting and when accelerating severely, but also accounts for a smooth and very road-like feel. I highly recommend this trainer. I'll follow up after a few more months

Minoura Mag Turbo Rollers

[Jan 13, 2004]
mapryor
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Good road feel. Well designed control panel. Allows you to train with watts.

Very difficult set-up. Need to disassemble and re-assemble for different wheel sizes. No adjustability for narrower rear axles of older bikes.

I tried to use this trainer with my wifes (650 wheels), a 70s road bike I converted to a tri-bike, and my road bike (700 wheels), but gave up and only set it up for one bike for the off-season since 1) you had to take the whole thing apart for the 650-to-700 change, and 2) the unit doesn't accommodate the narrower axle on older bikes. I wish the unit could switch among all three, since it was a very good trainer that has a nicely designed control panel that allows you to easily adjust hill grades or watts.

[Dec 29, 2003]
Matt
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Perfect trainer for warming up at events. By far gives the most resistance of any trainer that I have owned. Built out of quality materials and unlike other trainers.

Assembly was somewhat interesting. Bright yellow color could be changed.

Best bang for the bucket on the market. This trainer shows actual results and you don't get sick of using it.

CycleOps

[Oct 02, 2003]
tatoodrew
Racer

Strength:

Price. High resistance (if thats good?)

Resistance is not realistic or progressive and too high for a good cardio workout. Very hard to set up initially. More wheel slip than most. Not as quiet as some.

I thought I could get away with spending less for a trainer and was told this would be good for the money. While not the worst trainer I've tried, it definately isn't made for an intense workout. Just a good warm-up trainer to bring to events, but thats all. I had to return it and went for the more expensive Cyclops Fluid 2.

Minoura mag, Blackburn mag, Performance fluid, Cyclops wind, Cyclops fluid 2

[Feb 23, 2003]
rfiglia
Cross Country Rider

Strength:

very well built STURDY!!

This is my first trainer.It is quiet and has plenty of RESISTANCE.I think Tacx trainers are the most underated trainers out there.Many cyclists from teams like the Rabobank, ONCE - Eroski, US Postal Service, Domo - Farm Frites, Team Coast, Lotto - Adecco, Crédit Agricole and CSC - Tiscali use the Tacx cycle trainers to warm up for Races.

[Feb 02, 2003]
otb4evr
Racer

Strength:

Very strong, great looks, sturdy.

noisy, doesn't fit my track bike.

What an awesome trainer. Very sturdy. Looks great. Talk about hard. On the highest setting, I have a very hard time keeping it above 50 rpm seated in the 53/12 gear. I used to have no problems at all overpowering a cylcleops fluid plus. BTW this is a great workout for power... Highly recommended.

Cycleops fluid and fluid plus. Older Tacx magnetic