American Classic Track Hubs Hubs

• Price: Front $89.95; Rear$ 99.95
  • Sealded Bearings

• User Reviews (1)

Matt   Road Racer [Jan 05, 2003]

Somewhat thick flanges, pretty light weight. Smooth bearings but you can't overhaul them.

Weak locknuts, weak washers, 5mm allen bolts strip very easily and don't hold the wheel very strong.

All I can say is that I am deeply disapointed with the American Classic rear track hub. I have had nothing but problems since square one. First, the hub is held on with 5mm allen bolts and the threading on the axle didn't go deep enough to tighten the wheel on my standard track dropouts so I had to get a shorter bolt. Second, when I built the wheel, the cartridge bearings fell out every time I tried to stress the wheel which is necessary to the building process. Third, after one day of racing, the locknut on one side cracked and the washer on the other side cracked! I didn't want to over tighten the bolts so I had them only firm and I pulled the wheel forwards in the dropouts so I tightened them. This cracked the washer and locknut on the first day! Very poor quality. I expected more from such a big name company.

Similar Products Used: Suzue basic track hubs. These things are very cheap to buy and they are built to last. Go with the Suzue basic hubs, they weigh a little more but they are mad strong.