Campagnolo Mirage Front Hub Hubs

• Sealed Bearings

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 27, 2008]
    david comeau

Strength:

light, short term value. Gives someone with not a lot of cash to spend campy bragging rights.

cheap feel, crappy performance and expensive for what you get.

I have owned Dura Ace, Ultegra, record, etc.

I was convinced Mirage was better than Ultegra and 105 since the shifting was more precise and actually faster. After 1 year of riding the shifting is ok at best. the levers are staring to feel cheap and the chain gets caught between the two front chainrings!. THe wheeels warp easily on crappy Toronto roads. I hve tuned this grouppo constantly to no avail. I am somewhat dissapointed. the weight is nicebut porformance is not even on par with Tiagra. Save your money Campy is just not a good value unless you own Chorus, record. For the price of Chorus you can have DA...enough said

Tiagra,

[Jul 07, 2003]
    windinhair

Strength:

read above, I think these cheap hubs are great if you care for them

as above

I use these hubs on my training wheels and they have been great. I hear all these complaints that they become gritty and what not. You have to take care of your hubs. I changed the grease every 2 months, and these hubs have lasted over 2 1/2 years! (thats great for economy hubs for training 6 days a week). Also, people don't check their hubs for play and adjust them properly. I do a whole bike check every week, and it pays, my bike has lasted so long, and stays strong. In addition, people use crappy grease, you have to use high qaulity grease products.

[May 29, 2002]
    gbracken

Strength:

cheap

poor resistance to water and grit

good cheap set of hubs, but they do become gritty after a while requiring some grease.

mavic cosmos

[Jan 24, 2001]
    Daniel

appearance

quality is suspect

This hub is already gritty and scratchy after only a few hundred miles. Its not a major problem yet, but it simply is not spinning as smoothly as it should. I like Campy and would love to have some Nucleons, but they are too pricey. I was able to get a screaming deal on some barely used Heliums, so I went with those as replacements for the wheels/hubs which came with my bike. I should have a review on them here soon. I would say the Mirage front hub is ok but not stellar. With a decent rim, it will serve nicely as a spare. This item earns three habaneros.

[Apr 30, 2000]
    john

Strength:

price
    attractive finish

poor ball & race bearing quality.

after 800 miles, the front hub is gritty and the bearings are shot. The bike was set up and maintained professionally, however, it appears as though the steel wasn't hardened correctly. I have to switch hubs now and will be changing to an ultegra unit.

shimano 105 & 600

[Jul 10, 2000]
    Brian

Strength:

The Name?

Poor quality cones!!! Absolute JUNK. On the third rebuild in 8 months. Professionaly maintained. The bloody things cost $9.95 for each replacement.

On the third rebuild in 8 months. Professionaly maintained. The bloody cones cost $9.95 for each replacement at the LBS. Will who speaks Italian tell Campagnolo how dissapointed I am. If their cones where any softer I would swear that they were made of lead or perhaps aluminum. If anyone knows of a alternative cone that will work please let me know. Otherwise I guess I will be replacing the hub in about a month.

EDCO, WTB, RECORD '94, RECORD Y2k, RSX, LX are all worlds better.