Hope Lightweight front Hubs

Hope Lightweight front Hubs

Its incredible lightweight defies its durability. This hub is designed to be one of the best road hubs made. Featuring sealed bearings, incredible precision and intricate machining, this hub carves its place into the road world with astounding performance and light weight. Made for the road rider who is fanatical about weight, this hub provides an incredible balance between strength, reliability and weight.

[Jun 19, 2000]
Denis O'Keeffe

Strength:

Light weight, reliable and maintenance free

Very good hubs and can even be lubed ( if you want, prise off the end caps and the seals carefuuly and using a grease gun ), but to be honest they run smooth from day one and stay that way.

My only gripe is that they just don't look like a classic hub should - they are a little machine shop for some people.
But hey, you have a excellent hub that is maintenance free, more time riding and less time in the garage.

Just buy the plain ones ( silver) and they will match any other components without your bike looking like an accident in a paint shop.

Campag Super Record , Ultegra , Mavic

[Jun 19, 2000]
Denis O'Keeffe

Strength:

Light weight, reliable and maintenance free

Campag Super Record , Ultegra , Mavic

[Aug 11, 2000]
tim d

Strength:

Very light, completely bombproof, no maintenance in 5 years!

Doesn't look as good as a Chris King

Perfect in every way bar the looks (there are better looking hubs out there). I've had this front hub for 6 years (4 years as my only MTB front wheel) and yet it still has a smooth spin and no play.

Build it up with Open Pro rims and DT rev spokes and you've just gone and beaten Mavic at their helium game!

dura-ace, campag daytona

[May 05, 2001]
Morten

Strength:

light and spinning like butter

weaknesses? weaknesses? too nice to use on Norwegian roads?

I was going to buy a wheelset that I could use in my juvenile races with Shimano 105 hubs and CXP 21 rims from Mavic, DT Competition spokes. I got it for about 250$, but my local shop who had built it had gotten an Hope hub for almost nothing and built the front wheel with it. I started to use these wheels all the time when the crappy Rigida rims that came with my bike turned wrong, and I can feel that I am floating up hills with these wheels. I am going to take the front hub with me to my next bike and get a superlight wheel with Opem Pros, DT Rev and the Hopes

unbrand, Shimano 105