Shimano Sora FH-3300 Hubs

Sora FH-3300

• 8-Speed Freehub

• User Reviews (3)

Bruce Fritchman   Commuter [Mar 18, 2003]
    Strength:

durable, dirt proof, cheap

might be heavy but what do you want for the price ?

I've got 8,500 dirty, rainy, very rough urban commuting miles on mine and it's still fine...gonna be interewsting to see just how far it goes

vancouver_velo_rider   Commuter [Dec 25, 2002]
    Strength:

cheap?

bottom feeder, not smooth,

For general riding the Soras are ok although not very smooth and cannot keep-up a good spin. I've recently bought myself a winter bike, a nice red Bianchi late 80's vintage in one of the used bike shops I sometimes visit. The wheels had the older spec 105's. Needless to say these old hubs puts the Sor-ass to shame. The spin up is very fluid and they seem to build-up so much momentum and keep it for a longtime. The Sor-ass can only dream of this performance. I'm kind of skeptical to go with the newer 105's b/c I don't know how the quality is compared to the vintage product. I may just have to try it though for a comparison.

Similar Products Used: older 105's - vintage late 80's buttery smooth, spool's up and maintains velocity forever - when these get rough I'll definitely rebuild them!
    Kraig   Triathlete [Dec 20, 2001]
    Strength:

Cost. Makes entry level bikes affordable.

Not very smooth roll.

Let''s just say you get what you pay for, it''s durable and seems to roll fine but not as smooth as I would expect even from an entry level shimano.

Similar Products Used: Shimano ultegra.