White Industries H2 Road Hub Hubs

H2 Road Hub

White Industries H2 Road Hub features a lightweight aluminum axle in the front hub and a thin walled steel axle in the rear hub.

Glenn Richie   Road Racer [Oct 08, 2017]
Strength:

-Super smooth rolling
-High quality finish
-Upgradeable to ceramic bearings

-Not the lightest

I've ridden Enve wheels with Enve Full carbon body ceramic bearings, DT Swiss 180 ceramic bearings, DT Swiss 240, Aeolus D3/3 and D3/5. I've ridden Zipp 454's with steel bearings. Without question the White Industry upgraded (ceramic bearings) road hub with Enve SES 4.5's roll the best. I've ridden over 7,200 miles in 2017 thus far. Most on the combination White Industry upgraded hubs and Enve SES clincher 4.5's. I purchased a New Canyon Ultimate CF Aero that came with Zipp 454's. The frame was very impressive, but I returned the bike after two weeks because the Zipp 454 Hubs were subpar when compared to the White Industry.

Similar Products Used: -DT Swiss 180, 240
-Enve Full carbon Ceramic
-Bontrager Aeolus 5 D3, 3 D3
-Mavic Ksyrium
OVERALL
JunkieJoe   [Oct 16, 2012]
Strength:

They look quite old school, but man are they smooth.

That shiny silver finish is natural and my OCD problems will keep me polishing them for a long time. Ride, polish, ride, polish...I think you get it.

I don't really know how much they weigh themselves. But I do know that they just spin so darn smooth. They have a little bit of a retro look to them. I don't have any first hand knowledge yet, but I was sold on the fact that they're very serviceable. Thats very important to me as I tend to keep my wheels are for quite a while. The polished aluminum is very sharp.

Now I didn't buy them because they're made in the U.S., but it is nice to know. Very small aerospace company that still hand build some bike parts. My next MTB wheel will also have White Industry hubs.

OVERALL