Velox Tape Rim Strip

Tape

Light fabric tape protects tube from spoke/nipple/rim puncture. Measure the inner width of your rim (over the spoke nipples) to determine the proper size. Sold singly. QTY "1" = one roll....

Paul Whitcomb   [May 22, 2013]
Strength:

Tape is strong

Adhesive is weak, causing lateral shift, bunching

Maybe this tape used to be good, but a lot of riders are now reporting that the adhesive backing is inadequate.
Once I went from 100 to 110 psi, I started getting rim hole flats. Maybe if I had gotten the 20mm instead of the 13mm, the tape would not have shifted as much, but right now, it exposes the spoke holes. Velox makes tough tape, but the glue is an important part of the package, and they just cannot skimp on it. I'm going to try the Continental tape.

Nathan   [Aug 10, 2012]
Strength:

Protective, Durable

These things rock, they protect from the rim like no other rimstrip and are super easy to install. As a mechanic I see a bunch of different rimstrips and have never seen a failure in a Velox. When I pull a customer's tire off and see a Velox, I'm like "whoa. this dude knows whatsup"

Tim   Road Racer [Jul 28, 2012]
Strength:

it works best of any I have tried in last 40 years. There may be something better, but every time I try another brand I've been disappointed. Performance and Price Point have similar rim tapes which are pretty good too. Never had luck with plastic rim strips.

thick- which for some rim/tire combos makes putting on a tire harder- but beats pinch flats

tough to beat.