Alex DA28 Rims

Alex DA28 Rims

The Alex DA28 Rims are constructed with the EXA process which allows for super light materials and a welded joint. Rim Depth: 26.1 mm Brake Compatibility: Rim Brake Valve: Presta Valve Length: Short 34-40mm T...

[Apr 15, 2011]
JB Gauthier

Strength:

cheap. no need to pay more.

At this price range none.

Alex DA28 matched to Shimano 105 hub and 3x laced doubled butted DT spokes. Great for city commuting. Would buy again.

[Feb 27, 2009]
darkmother

Strength:

Low cost.
Very strong.

Not the lightest rim out there-but not heavy for an aero section rim either.

I bought these rims in order to build a set of heavy duty, offroad cyclocross wheels. I was attracted to them due mostly to their low price. They built up round and true very easily, and stayed that way despite my best efforts to destroy them on nasty MTB trails. I've had a few bad crashes on these rims, (one of which bent my fork badly) and they have bearly gone out of true. I am really impressed-these rims my new favourite buget choice. Two years and countless road and offroad miles later, they are still going strong. Very little brake track wear-these are high quality rims at a reasonable cost.

Mavic Open Pro, MA3, MA2
Velocity aerohead
Sun ME14A etc, etc

[May 10, 2008]
pugman845

Strength:

Strength, Reliability, Value

Weight: but lighter than to expect from a cheap, deep section rim.

I built up a set of wheels to my commuter with disc brakes. In over two years of daily riding (most of the time with a heavy messenger bag) Ive touched them up on a truing stand only a couple of times. A couple of weeks ago i finally broke a spoke but it seems completely unrelated to the quality of the wheels: it was the front wheel during hard braking (disc). Since replacing they havent posed any problems. These have been so reliable for me (ive never had a set of wheels last more than a year) that i built up a similar set for my girl-friend's cyclocross bike and her commmuter bike as well.
The wheels are built up to surley hubs on a singlespeed cyclocross bike.