Alex R500 Rims

Alex R500 Rims

• Semi Aero doublewall rim design
  • Very populare for road racing bikes

[May 16, 2017]
Chilli Jon

Strength:

Robust - still true after 25k miles

A little heavy but for standard fit ok at the price

Standard on my Specialized tricross. Done 25k miles now and still pretty much true - no adjustment needed. Rims worn from brakes so due for a change. In terms of value pretty good I'd say

[Sep 19, 2015]
George

Strength:

Durability

Weight, aerodynamics

I've had these wheels for three years (12,000 km+) and have had no problems at all with them. They came with my entry level Felt F95 and have never let me down. Yes, they are heavy and not very aerodynamic - as you would expect for the price, but I've always been able to climb with all but the professional and contiental pro level riders in my area on these wheels! 3.9 km at 6% averaging 24 km/hr.
They have been a perfect starting wheel but now the time has come to upgrade the wheels as I look to take the sport more seriously.

[Apr 08, 2014]
Steve Allison

Strength:

Have completed 12 months and 6000 miles on these rims with no problems.
Considering they came on the bike so are probably budget end wheels they have stood up too all the road can throw at them over the last 12 months.

Rear wheel seems slightly out of true??? but that's after 6000 miles.

Overall considering they came on a £700 bike and budget end wheels they have been good value.
Now to save for something of higher quality.

[Dec 14, 2013]
commuterrr

Strength:

Came with the bike (sadly)

SPOKES!!!
Relatively heavy
The black strips on the inside come and look like S*H*T after a few hundred miles

I would never ever buy theses if you put a gun on my head. If they came with the bike, upgrade as soon as you can.

[Jul 12, 2013]
Josh

Strength:

came with the bike

Not very durable. Numerous broken and loose spokes.

Would not recommend purchasing these. If they come on your bike I would suggest upgrading soon as I did.

[Jun 08, 2013]
S works man

Strength:

Looks good

Nothing

Great rims put 8000 miles on the front rim not problems !

[May 20, 2013]
Steve

Strength:

Looks good.

Spokes.

On April 3, 2013, I purchased a Schwinn Fastback Sport road bike that came equipped Alexrims R500 wheels. After 420 miles a spoke broke and wheel became untrue. The local bike shop owner said it would take him three weeks to get the right replacement spokes. After conducting research on these wheels, it seems broken spokes is a very common problem with these wheels. I guess I need to start looking for replacement wheels and throw these Alexrims R500 in the trash.

[Sep 18, 2012]
Tony Day

Strength:

Robust Stylish Reliable

Not the lightest wheel but as to value for money, I cant fault these. I had these on a Specialized hybrid that I rode for 7500 miles. Not a single broken spoke, rusty nipple or any other problems. I only had to have them trued once in all those miles. Wouldnt hesitate to recomend these.

[Jun 10, 2012]
Dany Fought

Strength:

I have had these for 3 years now, about 6,000 miles. No problems at all. I weigh 225 lbs No flats at all since I went to gatorskin tires and slime tubes. Great Rims!

Great Rims.

[Dec 31, 2011]
Adam

Strength:

weight and looks

Spokes come loose during use, difficult to remain true, nipples Rust RUST! and the paint on the spokes comes off easily also the hole where the valve is for the tube has sharp edges.

These Rims are light stylish and have a good brand name but are not immune to problems (Front Only)