Airborne 6-4 Titanium Skewers Skewers

Airborne 6-4 Titanium Skewers Skewers

Utilizing an aerospace grade 6AL / 4V titanium rod and 6061 aluminum hardware to produce a very light (90 grams / pair), and durable alternative to your stock quick releases. Black anodized with laser engraved Airborne logo.

[Apr 25, 2003]
scooter0007

Strength:

Front and rear are Ti. Very attractive. No slipping. Fast shipping from Airborne.

none yet

When my CrMo skewers broke I did not know where to go but knew I wanted Ti. Found these on Airborne.com for $15 but was charged $15 shipping! So I bought 2 pr to offset the shipping costs. These were delivered to my home 3 states from the distribution center in 26 hrs! Now that is prompt! They are light, attractive, high quality skewers with front and rear being Ti. $45 for two sets is a steel. No slipping even after sprints or tough hill climbs.

Shimano Ultegra, Bontrager, stock junk

[Sep 07, 2002]
53T

Strength:

Light weight, low price

Holding power

Cheap price caught my attention. Rear wheel slips under high torque on my stainless dropouts. Now I have to crank it really tight and test it befrore each race starts to avoid taking the paint off my chainstays (done many times) or screwing up the race (haven't done yet). If I can get some D/A skewers for a reasonable price I'll switch.

All of them

[Apr 05, 2002]
Audrey

Strength:

Nice price, light weight

Rear skewer would not hold, grooves were vertually non-existent after 1 ride.

I had no problems with the front wheel, but the rear skewer slipped like crazy. I have a steel frame, so I don''t understand the problem. I haven''t sent them back yet, but plan on it to see what the customer relations are like.

Campy

[Mar 01, 2002]
weiwentg

Strength:

cheap, good.

where else can you get a pair of Ti skewers at $15? they work perfectly - the guy at the LBS said that using Ti skewers on a Ti frame may cause problems with the rear wheel slipping, but my frame''s Al.

[Nov 04, 2001]
billgear

Strength:

light, good looks, it work!

Ti skewer that works great for 15 bucks. Makes you wonder how much better the other skewers are?

Ultegra