Continental Grand Prix 4000 Tires - Clincher

Continental Grand Prix 4000 Tires - Clincher

CONTINENTAL GRAND PRIX 4000 TIRE    The Grand Prix 4000 works on every road surface, transforming the demands of different styles of riding and supplies extremely long-term performance. It also achieves expectations in preci...

[May 06, 2017]
dono

Strength:

durable, good grip, good braking, strong

expensive

I have run this model for the past 6 years and I really like them. They wear very well and handling is good.

[Sep 11, 2014]
Bart

Strength:

Tough, comfortable

none but keep reading about the sidewall

Having read the reviews about the exploding sidewalls, I bought these tires and I was horrified to find that if I jammed a knife into the sidewall of the tire, it left an awful gash! Also, if I run into curbs or fields of broken glass, there are visible cuts on the tire. Wow, how can they sell these things? How can they sleep at night? btw, I'm a pro racer and an expert in bicycle tire design, so I can't be fooled.

[Sep 10, 2014]
Marshall

Strength:

Traction! Great on wet roads. Durable. Looks.

I initially bought these tires for my Madone 4.7 in October, 2012. I ride for distance and race
The tires were red and looked good on my red and white bike. Having ridden Continentals before, the quality was never in question. In July this year, they were transferred to my new black Project One. After two centuries, two Gran Fondos and around 4,000 miles, ridden hard all the way, I'm sold. These tires hug the pavement better than any tire I've ever had. I don't know where other riders scored them but I paid over two big bucks for these from my lbs.

Michelin Pro,Gator Skins

[Mar 20, 2013]
Tim Lynham

Strength:

I tested the lower roll resistance against my Specialized stock tyres and the 4000S is an advantage. I had a blowout on my first stop, on my first major ride, but it wasn't the tyre. It was the tube. When I installed GP 4000S, I pinched the tube. I've been cycling on the same 4000S tyres now for 2 years (5,000km) and they are still going strong and I have lots of tread left. These tyres are half the price ($37) in the UK that they are in NA ($75) and the shipping is almost always free. It's a great tyre for a great price along with free shipping to my door.

None to report.

The GP 4000S is a great tyre at a great price.

[Oct 17, 2012]
donridesalot

Strength:

Long wearing and near bullet proof

Haven't found any in four years.

Price had shyed me away from these tires but I was sick of getting flats and the reviews are mostly good. Have been using them for 4 yrs now and would not buy any tire other than the 4000S. The front last so long that I replace them around the time I hit 5k and the rear when I become unconfortable with too many cuts. Riding 7500 miles each year over the last four years, I have only once cut a tire through the casing, forcing me to discard it. All other flats have required only a new tube. Maybe this is a matter of luck but it could also be a statement as to the quality of these tires.

[Aug 20, 2012]
JDWESQ

Strength:

Light weight

Blew out on first ride. Pumped to 115psi, supersonic tube, Zipp 303 all carbon - 5 miles into the ride it blows. Couldn't find any glass or metal, new tube, pump up - and blows while I'm still holding the wheel. There is a 3mm slice across the tire that goes all the way through. No cutting - just a tear in the tire. Major manufacturing defect. How can they sell crap like this?

Quality control sucks - no customer service or contact info for US.

[Aug 04, 2012]
steve

Strength:

NONE.

Do not but these tires. I set them up correctly followed manufactures PSI recommendation. I had a blow out on my second ride with these tires on smooth payment!!!!. I have been riding for 20+ years never had a blowout like this. DO NOT BUY SERIOUS FLAW IN DESIGN OF SIDEWALL.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PUT THESE ON YOUR BIKE!!!!!!!

[May 22, 2012]
McCain

Strength:

Durable, fast

None that I've found riding the all black ones...

I'm not sure of the rim setups or the colour of the tyres mentioning blowouts by others but I'm using 32 hole mavic open pro rims and pumping the black gp4000's up to 120 psi.... I've used these tyres for years and have found them fast, sticky enough and very durable... No probs certainly no "blowouts"? Therefore for anyone that covers lots of miles fast and in a variety of conditions I recommend quality over style in the form of "black" Continental GP4000 tyres!

Gp3000

[Dec 03, 2011]
Bob Radzins

Strength:

Durability, durability, durability!

I have been so impressed with this tire. I have more than 4000 miles over all sorts of diverse road surfaces, have ran over stones and other debris and have had ONE flat! The tread still looks surprisingly good. These tires roll nicely and have plenty of speed to offer. I have no problem with the cost as I believe you get what you pay for and these tires have been worth every penny.

Michelin Pro Race 3 and Serfas

[Sep 13, 2011]
djtodd

Strength:

Robust, puncture resistant. Grips well.

Sidewall *might* be a little weak, but I reserve judgement unless I have another sidewall failure shortly.

Went with a pair of GP4000's on my road bike, and decided on them as opposed to the 4000s because I wanted blue tires to match my frame.
After about 2000km I got a small cut in the front tire, and had to replace it. But no flats, and very little wear after 1 season.
Replaced it with an identical tire.