Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

[Feb 26, 2018]
gman107

Strength:

smooth ride. one flat in 3000 miles. cheap.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Sep 13, 2017]
v8powerage

Strength:

Durability, grip

They don't have "4000 s" on the sidewall, that's why some people will never buy them.

There's so much nonsense in some of the reviews here that I felt I had to write my own.

I've been using those tires for years now, current pair has 20.000km (over bad roads and gravel) on them and I haven't got any puncture until last week, but the rear tire wear indicator almost dissapeared so no surprise here.

These are not slow tires, I often cruise at 40km/h without any effort, they also have very good acceleration, I'm faster than cars off the traffic lights so I'd say they are pretty good. I climb 12% or bigger hills without having to get off the saddle so can't imagine what improvement more expensive tires could give me here effort wise.

They have very durable sidewalls as well, even if you bruise them, which happens when you try to navigate around speed hump, the crack doesn't get any bigger. They also have amazing grip in corners. I have used 23c as well as 25c wire bead type, currently I have 25c, I'm running them at 7.5bar which is in the middle of recommended air pressure.

[Jun 20, 2016]
George

Strength:

Love the way they feel on the bike, smoother than my last set (Continental Super Sport), corner better, feel grippy. Can pump up to 100psi without feeling harsh

After maybe a few hundred miles I got a bulge/twist on the back tire so had to replace it. Did not hit anything that I'm aware of, maybe overinflation due to high temps lately?

Overall still pretty happy with the tires, mount easily, love the feel, and you can find them for ~$20 each, so even with the failure which may have been partly my fault (possible over-inflation) still not a bad value.

Continental Super Sport 27x1 1/8"

[May 24, 2016]
bike 117

Strength:

over 4400 miles they came with my Scott Metrix hybrid just starting to show the bead , used on roads both smooth and rough & plenty of gravel . Mostly on 40/70 mile rides with plenty of hills

just ordered the same tires/ hopefully they perform like the original set

[Apr 02, 2016]
Whaddeva

Strength:

Great Value

Cannot find one

Got them on my new Wheeler Route 1.5 bike. Made 2000+ km in the past 5 months. Not a single problem, great on dry and does pretty well on wet roads, smooth, great control. They do not look tired or terribly worn. Still plenty of life in them. No punctures or flats, hope continues so.

[Mar 08, 2016]
Alfred Loya

Strength:

Can't say.

Not dependable

Purchased new rims put these on ten minutes into ride. Air leaks out from day one on rear tire , front one was fine.

Gator Skins these were great.

[Dec 24, 2015]
Joe Rockbottom

Strength:

Good ride quality

Very poor puncture resistance. Extremely difficult to mount on some rims

5 flats in the first 1000 miles pretty much sums it up. A tire that has extremely poor puncture resistance is not much good no matter if the ride quality is good. These came with the GT Grade X I bought, so I expect they were just the cheapest tire they could find for this price range bike. I use it for commuting. Got a flat the first time I rode it. Nothing extreme, just normal roads i ride on. Compare to 3 flats in 4,000 miles during a full year on Forte Strada-K tires. Additionally, like other Continental tires I've used (4000S0 they are extremely difficult to mount on some rims. 10-15 minutes to get mounted. I'll get rid of these and get something better.

Performance Forte Strada K 28C

[Jul 29, 2015]
Syed Abu Bakar Siddiq Al'Bukhary

Strength:

Strength of this tyre i wouldn't say it's superb but its great. It does well on road surface, cycling path and a little bit of offroad, trust me I've rode my bike with this tyres on offroad sometimes (shortcut to home)

Weaknesses for this tyre hmmmm nothing for now its great as I've never had any issues with Continental ultra sport tyre before.

Rides smooth, pretty fast and does the job. It works better during dry weather but if its raining it's slightly slippery but its 100% managable you can still cut corners with it. For wear probably about 8000 - 10000km and I commute to work everyday 80km to work and 80km back home. It's a great tyre and I've never had any puncher or flats on it.

[Jul 29, 2015]
Syed Abu Bakar Siddiq Al'Bukhary

[Jul 27, 2015]
Frank

Strength:

.Value, durability (thickness of tread), integrity of materials, ease of mounting to the rim. Cornering

Sometimes with a ton of use--minor sidewall weakness or uneven wear from skid breaking. Maintaining ideal air pressure over a week.

I ride about 50 miles every day all year on mostly clean paved trails (small pebbles and occasional thorns) and have done so for years, so I feel I have some good experience when it comes to road tires. I have found ultra sport tires to be the best value after comparing them to many other name brands I have used over the years. Ultra Sports are my mainstay for the front wheel and can last 3500-4000 miles but are not as durable as I would like for the punishment that a rear wheel takes so I am trying the more expensive Continental GP 4000 for the rear--it has super reviews. My hope is that the different models on one bike will wear about the same over time and be the best value for the money. I love Continental products for their integrity and durability. You can get ultra sports for about $20 online if you look. Using a quality softer fitted flat prevention tire liner between the tire and the tube can provide extra flat protection. Just make sure it doesn't eventually go brittle or it can be the case of pinch flats. If you use them, replace yearly.