CST Czar Tires - Clincher

CST Czar Tires - Clincher

Take corners with ease with the Czar, a fast-rolling, dual compound tire featuring increased cornering traction.
The pro level tire provides a lightweight EPS puncture resistance layer, making the Czar's dependability as good as its performance.

[Oct 10, 2017]
Jonathan Commuter & ex-racer

Strength:

Look fairly robust with good tread pattern. Cheap. Offer reasonable puncture resistance

Difficult to fit (very tight fit on the rim.) Bead separates from tyre eventually.

Bought these as a replacement for worn out Schwalbe Lugano tyres on my daily commute road bike (200 miles per week) for £11.00 each. Managed to fit them after a bit of a struggle getting them over the rim. Rode these in rain and sunshine no problem over a thousand miles. Cornering and handling seemed ok. However the tyres feel somewhat dead as I suspect rolling resistance is high.
Riding over 1000 miles on Londons' busy pot holed roads gave no punctures. However I noticed that the rear tyre had developed a wobble.
It looked as though the sidewall was collapsing, but further investigation revealed the beading wire was separating from the rest of the tyre. Never seen that before, and I have been riding for over 30 years. Am going back to Scwalbe.

Schwalbe Lugano. Bontrager Race Lite. Gatorskins. Michelin Pro 4.

[Sep 13, 2016]
Jojo

Strength:

They seem durable and able to hold its grip on corners. They're very affordable.

The rolling resistance is higher than that of the Maxxis Detonators and much higher than that of the Vittoria Zafiro Slicks - I had to 'acclimatize' myself to harder pedaling when I took my RB with this on to a 75 km ride. Increasing the tire pressure is not very helpful as the very slight decrease in pedal hardness is 'shadowed' by a much rougher ride. Anyway, I think for the price, these would be good training tires.

Never use these tires on races. These would be good (I think) as training tires but it will slow you down on a race.

Maxxis Detonator, Vittoria Zafiro Slick

[Nov 01, 2015]
FRANK NEAL

Strength:

The price , the ride and the comfort

no complaints

I have ridden 322 miles in the heat and rain in Central ..And I I have zero complaints . the comfort , reliability and durability are far beyond what I was expecting from a economical tire . I am a fan of these tires . What a great product . I will definitely be a repeat buyer . Keep up the great work .

[Aug 21, 2013]
elise

Strength:

My husband has had this tire on his bike rear for mod than a year now. He doesn't ride a lot, none the less it hasn't given us any trouble. It seems to hold air better than the older expensive front tire. I just had 2 put on
my bike and they feel pretty good. I ride 50-100mi/week, even if its 100° out. The guy that installed them did mention something about using a shorter stem with these tires, maybe that'd help some people that don't chance the tire for a living.

Haven't found any yet

Overall, fine tire for everyday riding. I haven't had the experience of the best tires to compare these too. Seem just fine to me. I really like the feel of these tires on my hands, almost tacky. But that may be the lack of dirt. Hoping the traction is awesome. Good luck out there!

[Jan 13, 2013]
Mike

Strength:

I rode these tires for over a 1000 miles without complaint. I rode them on chip seal in SC and across the entire state of AR and did not flat. This past weekend I finally had to replace them. I tried Michelin Krylon and pinched two tubes trying to install them. I am going back to CSTs!

None. Cant beat the price and durability in my experienc

Why fix it if they are not broke!

[Jul 09, 2011]
8ch

Strength:

cheap

inconsistant ride, punctured easily

they felt imbalanced and punctured without resistance. I have spent a lot of money on tubes during the use of these tires. But in their defence i am riding iowa's worst streets and during the first of the year when the roads are littered with the most debri. i couldn't aford to ride them any longer. i hope others have better luck.

bontrager select, continental gatorskin

[Mar 12, 2011]
Mezagog

Strength:

Price and the ability to run over anything

Weighty and noisey. Not a big deal

So I have been rolling on these bad boys for a year now. Been riding in the heat of the summer of Fresno California and the Winter of the Pacific Northwest, they are still going strong. Not sure if I just got really really lucky or if the other reviewers got not so lucky. Have 1500 miles on them and just rotated them. Actually have not been able to find them again.

Everything on Clearancce

[Jan 06, 2010]
wellw1234

Strength:

cheap if you can get them to work

unmountable, heavy

These cst czar tires were nearly unmountable . It took me half an hour a broken quick stick tire lever and a lot of grunting to mount one. I never did ride it. I immediately removed it which took another twenty minutes damaged my rim and punctured my tube. I know that there can be some times tight rim and tire combinations but this was beyond the pale and I know how to change a tire. I've contacted CST hoping my pair are just defective and that the entire line are not this bad.

kenda Koncept

[Aug 19, 2009]
JDM

Strength:

Ummm, let's see, uhhh... well, ...

You name it.

These tires are garbage. No advantage in puncture resistance, ride like baby's solid tricycle wheels.

Casing/thread peeled off in +/- 1 inch sections on both tires, in several places. All w/less than 1k miles.

Junk

Just about everything out there.