DEDA RS-Corsa Tires - Clincher

RS-Corsa

• Open-tubular/clincher tires utilize puncture resistant belting
  • Classic, hand made process with a 300tpi cross-ply casing for an ultralight and supple tire (stocking black with black sidewall)
  • All condition race tire: mixed tread pattern for all conditions (7-9 bar / 100-130psi)

• User Reviews (3)

aaronbarker   Recreational Rider [Apr 04, 2009]
    Strength:

Super performance, great traction and rolling resistance.

Hard to keep shaped to get on the rim.

Being a fan of Deda products, I jumped at the chance to pick up a set of open tubulars from them. My tires in particular are the Giro di Lombardia slicks. Very good construction, clean and uniform. Getting them on the rim was a bit tough, they wanted to keep flattening out so some patience was required. Once on, they set up nicely. A quick ride of a couple miles to let them set in already showed they had potential for performance and handling. A few rides later and I can feel my confidence building with them. The last few tires I'd tried always seemed a bit skittish in corners, these are rail-steady. I haven't yet seen any tread-flatting on the rear that I've seen on other tires. I keep my tires generally around 110-120psi and this is one of the few times I can tell a difference with the rolling resistance of these compared to other tires. Very smooth and sure. I've only ridden them in the dry so wet performance is unknown although I've had slicks before (Michelin Carbons) that performed just fine. I expect these to be simialar. Tread life is unknown, but I've seen no appreciable wear so far.

Similar Products Used: Deda RS, Michelin Kyrlions and Carbons, Schwalbe Stelvio F/R, Vredestien Fortezza
    cruzzer52   Recreational Rider [Mar 04, 2009]
    Strength:

Little rolling resistance

A little hard to get on

Durable, very little rolling resistance, smooth. I have ridden these tires for a year recreationally and am impressed with how fast they are. Reasonably light to boot.