Hutchinson Nitro Tires - Clincher

Hutchinson Nitro Tires - Clincher

Hutchinson Nitro Road Tire: Affordable, low weight, long wearing road tire. 27 tpi casing...

[Aug 01, 2014]
Micu Lucian Ionel

Strength:

Durability

Weight

These came on my Fuji Roubaix 1.0 and I have untill now covered 3300 km with not even a single tyre flat even if I occasionally rode on dirt and gravel roads. At 2500 km I swapped the rear one with the front (the rear showed noticeable wear while the front was almost like new). Currently one weighs 380 grams while the other one weighs 370 grams.

[Apr 30, 2014]
c.tuck

Strength:

none.

Tires won't stay seated on rims at recommended tire pressure.

These came on a fuji bike I bought, and at less than 100 psi (tires are supposedly good to 110 psi) tires will come off rim. Really awful and possibly dangerous tires, even for "budget".

[Sep 07, 2012]
Mike Foster

Strength:

My Fuji Barracuda R was fitted with Hutchinson Nitro tires as standard equipment. I have ridden 1100 kms on these tires with only one puncture..good news?

After about 1000 kms the side walls of the front tire started to split in about 5 places and the rear tire has virtually no tread left.

All my riding is on sealed roads over fairly long distances. It it normal for road tires to have such a short life? I have ridden 4500 kms on my MTB tires and still going strong!

[Nov 08, 2009]
GerryD

I obtained a pair of these Nitro tires(700x23) on a new Kuota Kharma bike in June 2009.
I have done +/- 1000km and both tires are cracking near the bead and one tire shredded internaly and blew out.
I am not impressed and will never buy Hutchinson.