Hutchinson Piranha CX Tires - Clincher

Piranha CX

The new carbon version ofThe PiranhaTubeless cyclocrossTire. Ultralight compoundThat is meant for dry, fastTerrain (i.e., Southern Calfornia). If you dont wantTo goToThe expense and complexity ofTubular rims/tires for cross, in our opinion,These areThe next bestThing. Fast-rolling semi-slick center section with side knobs for grip Use with aTube inside on any clincher rim, orTubeless when paired compatibleTubeless rims likeShimano, Fulcrum, Campagnolo RoadTubeless wheels Real weight 390 grams (

ooklathemok   Recreational Rider [Sep 11, 2008]
Strength:

Lighter and wider than my Tufo tubular clincher set up. No pinch flats. Good price.

Messy setup and maintenance when used with Stan's. Can be very frustrating setting up if you've never used Stan's.

I really like these tires. I've only ridden them for about three weeks. Mainly on multi-track and crushed lime stone. No problems with traction at all. I'm cornering at speed with confidence. I like the added benefit of puncture resistance. If you've ever set up a Stan's tubeless system, this is no different. I've become quite proficient using Stan's. A compressor is a must. Compared to what I was riding before (Tufo tubular clinchers), these seemed to roll much smoother. And were lighter than the Tufo set up.