Kenda Kaliente Tires - Clincher

Kaliente

The special L3R Pro compound extends tread life, increases traction and lowers rolling resistance...

toscake   Road Racer [Feb 02, 2013]
Strength:

Light weight, puncture resistance,

Wet traction

I have been using this tire for about 5 years. It came stock on my Motobecane. This tire has been by far the lightest tire for the price I have found. They are very resistant to punctures in the dry. I generally get around 2500 to 3000 miles out of the rear more from the front. I have ridden the rear tires right down to the cord before and still not had a flat.The biggest down side is they are less than stellar in the rain and shed off small pebbles poorly. I usually get my flats at this time. I will continue to use these but price has gone up and they have become tougher to find. I have paid as little as $20 to as high as $35 Kenda has replaced this model with a newer slightly heaver version.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Michelin, house brands
kevvjj   Recreational Rider [Jan 29, 2013]
Strength:

V light. Great puncture resistance. Awesome rolling ability. Comfortable even at rated max pressure.

A tight initial fit on my Dura Ace rims.

These are awesome tyres. They roll really, really well - every bit as good as Conti Grand Prix 4000S.
Mine both came in under 200g but they have fabulous puncture resistance (none yet after 1000 km).
On a price value basis they are very hard to beat. You could race in these. I used to only buy the big names but these are right up there with the best.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis Re-Fuse
daren7   Triathlete [Aug 10, 2011]
Strength:

Wear well, excellent dry grip, supple ride, super flat protection

Wet grip is sub-par

Not sure why some on here have had bad luck with these tires... I've beat them, hammered them and put tons of hard heavy miles on them and can't kill 'em. Hot, cold, nasty shoulders full of glass etc.. cattle guards, etc... Where else can you get a sub 200 gram tire that's this tough and rolls this well!

Similar Products Used: most all
redliner   Road Racer [Aug 05, 2011]
Strength:

Inexpensive, fast rolling, light weight

It's not indestuctable

Pretty good tire for the money. I have had a few flats (i.e. running over a rock, riding over a metal plate and riding on road with construction. No tire is indestructable no matter what they say. I think some times it just comes down to luck.

Similar Products Used: Gatorskins, Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick, Michelin Pro Race 3
Bart   Road Racer [Jul 16, 2011]
Strength:

Weight
Ride
Grip
Puncture Resistance
Price
Tread Life

ZERO!

These tires started out on my primary race wheels, and already had a few races on them. I raced them in 6 races last year, and then over the winter I got a set of Zipp tubies, and sold my aluminum training wheels, making my carbon clinchers these were on my new training wheels for my race bike. I've probably put 3500miles on them, and only had two rear flats. The front still seems good, but the rear has a bulge from threads breaking. I only expected these tires to last 1000miles or so, but they seem to ride better, and last a long if not longer than the Krylions I used to train with. So I just ordered another set. I plan to keep using the front, for it is still pretty good, and not even squared off yet.

Similar Products Used: Michelin Krylion
pdaddy   Recreational Rider [Jun 05, 2011]
Strength:

Iron Cloak makes you think it is tough.

It is junk.

Very disappointing. Have only about 500 miles on this as a rear and tread separated. You bring a spare tube on rides but I don't bring a spare tire!

Joe the runner   Recreational Rider [Nov 07, 2010]
Strength:

great grip for turns

low quality material.

Love the grip as they let me really carve turns. Bad luck with longevity. Had one with tread separation, one blew out the sidewall and switched to a set of Specialized tires before I did the same to the other two.

Ed Lyles   Recreational Rider [Aug 11, 2010]

Poor puncture resistance

This has to be the worst tire I have ever put on a bike. Kevlar? My ass. I think they just waved the tire over a kevlar vest and assumed it would pick some up through osmosis. I have only ridden about 1000 miles on these new tires and have punctured at least five times. I ride the roads of Wyoming and have never had problems with Kenda kevlar tires before but I am going the extra buck and getting Continental Gators.

Similar Products Used: I have used Kenda tires for many years but no more
Kram   Road Racer [Mar 06, 2010]
Strength:

Everything

Wish I could get them in a 700x25.

I purchased these on e-bay because they were a good price and I hate to spend a lot on tires. They replaced some Specialized all-condition pros. Initially I was skeptical due to what seemed like a very thin tread and very light weight. Man was I wrong. I've used these in crits, a Robauix-esque road race, and training. they're still going strong. I've only had 1 puncture to date and I've got AT LEAST 200 miles on the front and probably 1800 or so on the rear. And I ain't light.