Kenda Kwest Tires - Clincher

Kwest

Kenda Kwest 700 x 32c Black Steel Bead Tire: Slick tire with traction grooves for on-road riding. 60 tpi casing

Jason Trammell   [Nov 23, 2016]
Strength:

Great all around tire, wet or dry.

None noted

I've just recently gotten back into riding bicycles. Spent 30+ years on motorcycles. I recently moved back from Japan. My bicycle was my only transportation for a year. The weight of the loads varied. Some days I had groceries in the basket, other days, just me & a back pack. I don't have the knowledge or experience that most of you readers do, but these tires performed flawlessly. As previously stated, I spent years on motorcycles & I do know about motorcycle tires & what to look for in a quality tire. The Kenda's for the bicycle served me exceptionally well. Well enough in fact, that the bike I just finished putting together has a new set of the Kenda Kwest mounted. I'm taking that bike to Japan in about 3 weeks to use as my computer for the next 11 months while I'm working there. I do watch what I'm running over as I ride along & avoid things that I think could be problematic.

James   [Mar 11, 2014]
Strength:

26x1.5 tire is great. 100psi is more than needed for 26"

700x28 tire is terrible. 85 psi is not enough.

We bought 26x1.5 tires for road usage almost two years ago, over 500 miles later and no flats.

My Pure Fix bike came with one blue and one green Kenda Kwest, 700x28. I had about 10 flats during those 6 months, 4 or 5 actually because of the tires, 2 because of the rim strips, and several from the tire strips we put between the tube and tire to prevent thorns. And even one was caused by tube valve breaking! Very bad luck I guess but only bad tires caused it.

The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700-23c tires are black colored and can withstand 100-145psi. They suit my needs much better and after 200 miles on these absolutely no problems. No problems in the rain,

Steve   [Sep 24, 2013]
Strength:

Fair price and durabilty

Haven't found one.

I bought the Kenda Kwest on my Bike shop's recommendation (my price range).They replaced dry rotted tires on my donated GT Vantara.I went a little smaller (700-35) and I didn't replace tubes at the time (12 years old) .Now after a year and a little over 1000 miles I noticed rear tire was worn more than front.My 240 pounds took it's toll so I rotated front to rear and replaced tubes.No punctures to tires but lost air due to bad valve core and age of original tube.No big deal.I ride paved roads in hot and humid Florida,rain and shine (often both on same ride).At 80 PSI these have a nice ride and grip just fine.Some of the more critical reviews I've read here don't sound like tire problems.Install the tires properly and watch where you ride and you should be happy with these tires.

Clark   Commuter [Aug 30, 2013]

No flat protection.

As of this writing, I have been using these tires for 4 days (117 city commuting miles) and have had 2 flats. The first was from a wire that worked through the tread and the second was from a very small bit of glass that ripped a huge gash in the tread open to expose the carcass. This is my first and last experiment with Kenda tires. I didn't expect much from these tires and that is exactly what I received.

PoppyPopperPants   Commuter [Aug 22, 2013]
Strength:

Terrible puncture resistance, always feel flat, not exactly round.

Save yourself the hassle and don't buy these tires. Spend a tiny bit more and get Vittoria Zaffiros or Panaracer Paselas.

Tan   [Dec 11, 2012]
Strength:

Cheap

High rolling resistance

These are great tires for hybrid bikes and other comfort bikes as it's pretty good all around. The one problem I have with it is that you can only pump it up to 80 psi and therefore it has a decent amount of rolling resistance. Fully pumped up I feel like I'm riding through mud. This is going to be my backup tire. I'll possibly stud it for snow riding, but it won't be my daily commuting tire.

freemasoncyclist   Commuter [Oct 21, 2009]
Strength:

None!

Crappy sidewall! There is nothing good to say about these tires. I switched to these thinking they would give the same performance as the Primo's. I learned my lesson that if it is not broke don't fix it. For the money I spent on the Kenda's they are not worth it. They are more expensive then the Primo's I use but not worth nearly half as much. They quality of Kenda tires is horrible.

The Kenda Kwest tires suck!!! I had a set for my recumbent, 20" front and 26" rear. The side wall of both failed at differant times then each other but within a month of purchasing them. They were purchased at the same time.

Similar Products Used: Primo Comet and Racer.
paulip88   Commuter [Aug 25, 2009]
Strength:

Decent ride
Very easy to mount
Good dry and wet traction

Appalling puncture resistance

These came stock on my 2008 Giant FCR2. They rode well and had reasonable grip, but I had to abandon these after getting flats regularly every 100 miles or so. Three times with regularity on both tires, the last one being a twig, proved beyond a doubt that these tires have unacceptably bad puncture resistance.

Flat 1: Glass
Flat 2: Glass
Flat 3: A twig about 3mm in diameter and 3cm long. This completely destroyed the tube. The twig wasn't even sharp.

Similar Products Used: Panaracer Pasela Tourguard
David   Commuter [Mar 03, 2008]
Strength:

GREAT value for price paid vs. durability/wear.
No problems holding the road in wet weather.
At 70psi, very comfortable/forgiving ride (MUCH softer ride than the Bontrager Select Hardcase these replaced).

None encountered.

Fantastic commuter tire. One flat (rear of course) over 2300 commuter miles in the last year. The construction staple that caused the only flat would have done a number of most tires. Looks like I'll get 3000 or so miles out of the rear before changing it out. Front tire looks almost brand new.