Kenda Kwick Tires - Clincher

Kenda Kwick Tires - Clincher

The minimally-treaded Kwick features an aggressive semi-slick design. Perfect for cross bikes, MTBs ridden on gravel roads but not trails, etc. 60 TPI Folding bead 325g (700c type) 445 grams (26" type) ...

[Dec 19, 2016]
Q

Strength:

Very Cheap, Some Traction, Great tire to put on a cyclocross bike you are selling to save money.

Bad construction, Must ride higher pressure, Very narrow, treat isn't straight.

I raced with these and they didn't have a lot of traction and i had to run from 70-80 psi on a bumpy course. If i ran them at 60 psi and pinch flatted while remounting. The may be a good tire for gravel riding not for cyclocross

[Sep 25, 2011]
icemonkey

Strength:

Aggressive sticky compound with a good tread pattern. Good rolling on the road, great offroad. Very Very light

A bit too narrow for my liking - but they are 30c! its not like I bought wide tires.

These are narrow aggressive tires and as such need to be judged by what they are not what we want them to be. And so far they have been excellent! I bought them as they were the right size for a vintage cross frame I have, and were a terrific price. For the price they have lived up to my expectations, I ride mostly dirt with them and as such theve done great. Ive even ridden a lot of smooth single track on them and they hold in the corners. On hardpack they are superb, they roll very fast; on dirt roads they are like silk; on steep gravel they do ok but they are too narrow for large limestone chips; on light sand they do cut in due to their width, but the soft compund holds. On the road they do drag a bit - compared to my Gatorskin slicks - but thats to be expected, these are Cyclocross tires. They have a harsh ride as they are so thin, but the profile does hold well and as they are so light they accelerate brilliantly - sprintingI live in the mountains) away. In a bunch of miles on every sort of terrain (I live in the rockies) Ive found them to work well. In fact my poor mountain bike is getting neglected.

lots and lots and lots

[Jul 19, 2009]
OUTITAN

Strength:

Cheap if I wanted to rebuy

Wears out kwick, doesn't stick

Came OEM on my bike, wore through the tire and blew the tube in less than 300 miles. There was also a tread flaw on the tire making one sidewall longer than the other. Grip was middle of the road on pavement, never made it to dirt.

[Jun 06, 2005]
cliff

Strength:

Light: varified at 320 grams on my two scales. Inexpensive. Good tread pattern for mixed road/fast CX courses.

Not the best riding/handling CX tire I've ridden. Light, but doesn't feel fast on pavement or dirt. Side knobs could be place a bit more outboard to make cornering a bit more aggressive. Durablility is unknown for me at this review.

I can't say much about the durability yet, since I only have about 200 miles on these, about 2/3 road, 1/3 dirt, no mud. Tey seem to be wearing OK. I will say that the tire is sized as marked: 30 mm or slightly narrower. The side knobs are not as far to the edge as they could be, but the tread pattern is in general pretty good for mixed riding in dry conditons so far. I thought they handled predictably in the loose dirt and sand I ride in, and do OK in rocky conditions for a narrow tire.

Lots: Michelin Jet & Mud, Vredestein Campo, Panaracer Crossblaster, Ritchey Speedmax & Excavader, Tufo D28 & prestige tub-clincher

[Jul 20, 2004]
jpcrockett

Strength:

they roll. you can put air in them.

pretty slow on pavement. loud hum on the pavement. durability absolutely sucks. 300 miles and they are unrideable.

sucky tires. they are okay on the road for a cyclocross tire. in the mud, they have been great for me. but after only 300 miles, the sidewalls are separating. i don't dare ride them now, and they only have 300 miles on them. weak. disappointing. glad they came with the bike so i never make the mistake of buying them.

[Mar 29, 2003]
Matt

Strength:

None. I'm not sure where they say they are light. After I took these tires off and cleaned them all up, they weighed in @ 685 grams!!!! That's 1.26lb folks. Note websites claim 450grams. Not even close.

Waste of rubber. These tires should have never been made. @ 685 grams per tire they are boat anchors. They slip all over, especially on wet semi loose singletrack.

These tires came stock on my Bianchi Axis Cyclocross. These tires are horrible. They slip, and slide all over when you are off-road. They are unpredictable where they are going to go when you hit loose dirt. If these tires are stock on your cyclocross, ditch them for some michelin sprints if you can find some. Otherwise get michelin mud's or Jet's.

Michelin Sprints.