Michelin City Tires - Clincher

Michelin City Tires - Clincher

Protek plus layer for excellent puncture resistance. High mileage and excellent grip. Resistance to aging climatic variations and pollution. Slick tread with ample water channels. Reflective stripe on sidewall. 58-87 PSI. 26 x 1.40 35-559 ISO and 26 x

[Oct 11, 2015]
Tom Tibbles

Strength:

Good tread wear, takes 87 psi

Poor bead design means exposed metal bead causes flat tires. Many flats later (I changed rim strips, tube brands) I spotted the exposed wire bead that was slicing my tubes

Can be found at a bargain price, don't be deceived, try the Specialized Nimbus instead.

[Sep 22, 2013]
Tim Daniels

Strength:

Excellent handling, Excellent puncture resistance.

Sidewall separation

I liked these tires at first. They handle well, and are very puncture resistance. After about 500 miles they started feeling squirmy. Further investigation led to my discovering the bead separating from the sidewall in three or four places. The sidewall cord is parted all the way through and it appears all that was holding back a catastrophic blowout was a thin layer of inner sidewall rubber.

I wondered if maybe I had an outlier, but I found other reviews online at REI and it seems others have had this happen too. I recommend nobody use these tires for anything whatsoever. Blowouts at speed are not much fun.

[Feb 28, 2010]
A from Il

Strength:

Tough

None. Well, maybe heavy.

These are some tough good rolling tires. I love the 700X40. You actually find yourself looking for stuff to run over.

Cross tires of all kinds.

[Aug 03, 2009]
whtabtroadbike

Strength:

Thick, reflective sidewall

Feel a little squirrely if underinflated(guilty as charged)

I yanked the stock tyres off my seek2 and put these on and couldn't be happier. I have tried to kill them by riding down trash strewn allies, along gravely railroad tracks, and glass covered pavement. Result:my confidence has returned.