Michelin Dynamic Tires - Clincher

Dynamic

Excellent quality at a bargain price. Lightweight yet durable casing. Slick tread with stiping on shoulders to channel water. 33 tpi. 700c with widths of 23, 25, 28, and 32mm. 330/350/380/420 grams. Black. Wire bead.

rdtindsm   [Feb 06, 2013]
Strength:

inexpensive

cheap
puncture magnet

Maybe I should wait till I have more than 40 miles on these tires before reading the riot act on them.

I bought a bike online that was equipped with these tires. Actually thought it a plus that the bike had Michelin tires But I’ve ridden the bike only for a total of 40 miles. First 20 over a couple rides were fine, but I had a rear flat about 4 miles into my third ride. I know better than to ride without a tube and pump, but I’m a little disorganized right now. Rode home on the rim, found the hole in the tube – looked like a small piece of glass made it. Next day, new tube, still no spare and flatted 4 mi. into ride.

Put a new tire and tube in and tried my third ride. I am still disorganized so no spare tube. I did buy a pump and patches which was at home. Another flat, this time on the front because I’d already put a new tire on the back. Rode home on the rim.

Fecal material happens and I’m rideing on the shoulder that has winter’s trash on it, but I’m convinced that one star is way too generous.

Optimus Prime   [Jun 28, 2012]

Durability and puncture resistance

These are terrible tires...came stock with my bike. I've had it for 6 weeks and I've had 5 flats already. Frustrating when your 30 miles out on a 50 mile ride and you have to stop and patch the tube twice. I've they come with your bike change them immediately

Joe Jackson   Road Racer [Apr 13, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable ride, reasonably quick.

Over a dozen punctures before 1000 miles reached, and no confidence in the wet.

These tyres came as standard on my bike. Really disappointed with their puncture resistance, especially given the surfaces they run on were pretty good. Can't wait to get the Continental Ultra's on. I certainly wouldn't recommend buying these, and would advise anybody who gets them as part of their bike package to buy some patches!

gunnez   Recreational Rider [Jan 04, 2012]

2. 60km
3. 75km
4.80km (punctured)
5. 48km (punctured)
tube replacement making it more expensive than traveling wih a motorcycle!
I'm going back to my lbs for a new tire!!

paulb   Commuter [Sep 20, 2011]
Strength:

Inexpensive, cushy, responsive, lively.

None I've discovered.

Love the tires: very comfortable ride, roll easily, soak up bumps, feel fast and "live." Remind me of the sweet spot on a racquet.

Similar Products Used: Lots of other tires.
nugget   Commuter [May 14, 2011]
Strength:

good in the wet!!!good road surface absorbtion, not heavy very light tyre.

no reflective band on the side wall so cars drivers see you as they come in to an intersection at night.

From my experience daily commuter of 60k's per day and 300 k's sometimes on the weekend with my bike in full touring pack mode, front and rear panniers atleast 30kg's, they are just so good,soft but light I run mine at 75-80psi they carry a lot of weight and they at times take a real hiding.they have the ability to absorb the rough stuff but when back on the bitumen light enough to put the pedal to the metal and get back into top gear, punctures are part and parcel of cycling it's just bad luck nothing to do with the tyre and from my experience there is no discernable difference unlike some others I've had in dry road or wet road handling.I love these tyre,that's why I sought this web page to say to michelin how impressed I am with them.

Similar Products Used: non
Paul Norris   Commuter [Jan 10, 2011]
Strength:

None so far other than the fact that they were free.

Puncture resistence

I have used these tyres for commuting to work (11 miles each way) and have now had 3 punctures in the last month (700 x 23 tyres). The tyres came free with my Giant TCR 1 and are brand new. On my previous bike (Specialised Tarmac which was stolen) I had Gator skins and didn't have a sinlge puncture in a year. Do not buy these tyres.

Similar Products Used: Gator skin
Jud Yutzy   Commuter [May 21, 2010]
Strength:

I'm assuming the price is pretty good.

Well, couple hundred miles and it's flat.

Just rebuilt my old schwinn, thought I'd save some money on the wheel/tire combo, so these came with the rims. This is my first experience with higher quality parts on my ride, but I have a feeling these things were meant for smaller riders. I weigh about 210 and I just beat them up on some rough road. I ride to work 16 miles one way and they've been fine, but the first time I went out on a Saturday on an unfamiliar road the rear went flat. I've still got the other on the front and I'm getting more and more motivated just to go ahead and replace it.

Similar Products Used: Gonna try Specialzed Armadillos
BadSector   Recreational Rider [Feb 24, 2010]
Strength:

Even the price is not a strength with such a "quality".

Too soft rubber, the tires get cutted in as little as 100 km

I bought 2 of these (25x622 transperent) for an old road bicycle for just 20Euros. On the 15-th kilometer I had already a puncture. After every ride in the tire are pinned small pieces from the gravel, so soft is its rubber.