Panaracer Race Type D Tires - Clincher

Panaracer Race Type D Tires - Clincher

Racing-Training 3D Casing goes bead-to-bead for optimal protection. 3D reinforced tread prevents puntures, pinch flats and sidewall cuts. Excellent distance and rough road tire. ZSG Dual Compound provides excellent grip in all weather co...

[Mar 18, 2018]
ZMC888

[Dec 29, 2012]
Andrew Hutcheson

Strength:

Have not ridden them so I cannot comment of their strengths.

Virtually impossible to mount.

"TRIED" to mount these tires this morning on a Williams System 30 Wheel. Have used numerous tires in the past with this wheelset and had little or no trouble mounting them. It took me 15 mins to get the first bead on the rim and 15 more mins to get the second bead mounted. Tried to visually check that the tube was inserted properly but could not get enough space to see if the tube was going to be pinched or not. KaBoom!!! Obviously it was pinched. That was the easy part. It took me an hour to get the tire back "OFF" the rim. I was very worried about damaging an expensive rim ($500.00 a pair) trying to get a $28.00 tire off of it. I even considered cutting the tire in half, but finally with assistance & lots of liquid soap the tire finally came free. If this tire had flatted on a ride there is no way I could have changed the tube away from a workshop. I have been riding for years (64 years old) but have never encountered anything like this before. So...buyer beware unless you work out and/or don't care about damaging your wheels

Continental GatorSkins
Sefas Seca RS
Michelin Krylion Carbons

[Feb 09, 2012]
francois

Strength:

good rolling, very true and straight.
confidence inspiring traction
durable with long life and it's got good flat protection.
looks good on the bike

Not the lightest, not the cheapest. But that's ok.

I love this tire. I rode it for a while and ensured that it had high grip in varied conditions. Then I set it up on my wife's Orbea since she's training for a couple centuries. She's been setting personal records and cornering very well on them. I checked them out after several hundred miles of riding and there's no cracks on the tread yet. That tells me that there's still a lot of life on them.

The other upsidse is there's been zero flat tires so far. That tells me that these have great protection. All the women on my wife's group keep getting flats and they have a hard time fixing them. I just want to ensure that my wife has a fun and trouble free experience and these are doing the job well.