Panaracer Ribmo Tires - Clincher

Panaracer Ribmo Tires - Clincher

The Panaracer RiBMo (Ride Bike More) tire is a lightweight tire that features Panaracers new ProTex Shield technology helping to make this tire incredibly puncture resistant. ProTex Shield is twice as resistant to puncture and pinch...

[Oct 22, 2014]
Brian Miller

Strength:

Puncture resistance is very good. I ride these on debris strewn highways and city roads for commuting. Very few flats.

Difficult to seat/mount properly. After a few hundred miles one tire seems misshaped and bumpy. Narrow tire is harsh riding. Rolling resistance seemed high. I tried increasing the pressure which helped but resulted in a rough ride.

Not as good as other Panaracer touring tires. If your frame can handle a wider puncture resistant tire, go wide.

[Oct 07, 2014]
Soundtallica

Strength:

Durable as hell, it's almost like these tires don't wear. And you don't need to worry about flats, I've never gotten one on these (knock on wood) and I take them on gnarly gravel grinders, plus I like to hammer.

Rolling resistance... these just feel a lot slower than other 28c tires that I've tried, but they're not unbearable. "Parabolic" profile means that they grip well on pavement, but not so much on gravel, wet roads, low traction surfaces, or anything loose.

This is a superb tire if you plan to use them for commuting, touring, or any other type of riding that doesn't involve hammering and going fast. Their extreme durability and puncture resistance make sure of this. However, they aren't as good if you're like me who likes to train for road racing or ride intense gravel roads, since they achieve the unfortunate hat trick of being relatively slow-rolling and having poor grip on anything but dry pavement. To be fair though, they really aren't meant for that kind of riding, and I'm only on them because I got them for free and wanted a higher volume, non-knobby tire to put on my CX bike for when I'm not racing CX. The Ribmos are good for what they are.

[Jun 23, 2013]
Red1racer

Strength:

Came with my bicycle

Durability

Tread fine, but worn some. Took two on long-distance trip and front left me stranded BREAKING DOWN/SEPARATING ON INSIDE. Do I really have to check the inside of my tires for wear?

[Aug 12, 2010]
WFRTony

Strength:

Low rolling resistance
Puncture resistant

Squirrelly on muddy/wet asphalt
Tough to mount on rims

I have ridden about 1000 miles of various roads from urban/industrial areas to rural roads and highways on the 700x32 RibMo. I bought these to replace a set of Specialized Borough CX that were very prone to punctures. I weigh about 175 and I am running 75 psi in both tires. The RibMo is smooth, fast, and I haven't had to repair a flat since I mounted them.

[Jun 19, 2010]
markwellness89@gmail.com

I seem 2 agree that the tires have a tough side wall and good flat protection making them reliable and hassle free. how ever, they may not b the best for ease of rolling, they do hold up to the name, if your riding situation condition allows , you may b able to go ahead with maximum air pressure for assist w/ the ease of rolling down the road.

[May 27, 2010]
haasezlube

Strength:

Good rolling resistance for commuter/touring type tire. Very puncture resistant, and light for their tread type. Handle very well with lots of loaded weight and fast turns. Had punture through center of tread after maybe 4 months and 500 miles on a crappy beat up gravel trail!! The piece of glass the was able to make it through the tire would have destroyed many other tire casings via a large rip in casing, but managed only a small hole in these!! Still riding them and love them!

Nothing so far ecept maybe a little stiff on the initial mounting to wheel,but with sidewalls this strong you kinda have to expect it.

I (and my wife) have the RibMo's on our Giant's in 700x32c These tires are a personal favorite among many top BRANDS!

Kenda, vittoria, conti all great except the kenda(cheap) but major brand tech cost major brand money , the panaracer's are great all around deal.

[Feb 13, 2010]
magicbikes

Strength:

Rolling resistance and durability.

Cannot ride these tires on ice or snow.

The best touring/commuter tires I have used. Very puncture resistant and roll nice. The contact area is narrow and the casing is much wider. The only time I got a flat was when I had to remove a nail. These get the highest rating because I don't know of a better touring tire that exists.

WTB Slickasaurus , Continental Contact.

[Jul 22, 2009]
Dave

Strength:

Doesn't get flats on the commute.

Ridgid, ride is a little bumpier.
I'll sacrafice a soft ride for a ride without flats.

1,000 miles so far and zero flats. That is a record for me. The streets of Queens, NY are not the kindest to bike tires.

Kenda Cross (absolute crap). Got two flats on first two commutes (both from tiny pieces of glass that went right through the belt).

[Jul 14, 2009]
Cascade Guy

Strength:

Low rolling resistance.
Very puncture resistant.

Difficult to seat the bead on the rim.
Weight may be an issue (you decide).

There is a lot of broken glass on our roads and trails but it's never an issue with the Ribmos. I love the stiff casing and the 100psi max on the 700x32. The variable tire profile seems to improve cornering grip without adversely affecting turn-in. These are tough tires. Their weight might be an issue for some riders. Specialized Armadillos are a little lighter and just as tough, but for some unscientific reason I like the Ribmos better.

Specialized Armadillo tires (great).
Schwalb (a total disappointment).

[Sep 22, 2008]
Richard

Strength:

Low rolling resistence....they hold the air...

None....so far. I need to e-shop more..I paid over $80 for two of them..That's why my "value rating" is 3

We had a couple of blow-outs with Continental Ultra Gatorskins so on the advice of my mechanic I switched to these Panaracer RibMo's (700x28) We have about 300 miles on them. I pump up to 120 psi. They're great!

Continental Ultra Gator Skins